Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Just installed a new ETS kit from Sled Pro and tested it today. Man after a LONG install due to false advertisment (got the 440 that means mods to the kit) there was little to no change in the ride. It still has major kick back, darn near bucking me right off the sled! I set up suspension like the instructions say all but the front shocks the springs are still "cranked-up" on them but how much would that change?
So any advise to help me out
Oh and I still "bottom out" some. Man Polaris is sure looking good right about now....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
928 Posts
play with the susp, try different set-ups, there's a difference in ride , you just haven't found it yet. Lighten up on the front shocks.Don't crank everything tight. The ETS makes the rear work together, if too tight it doesn't work right, like you said kick back.Soften the set-up

It worked great on my FZ 583.
 

·
REV XP Nut
Joined
·
1,248 Posts
Sounds like shock has lost its charge if its kicking back all the ETS kits i've had worked great
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
237 Posts
My 98 ck3 did the same thing , I installed a gas cell shock in the rear , now the kick back is gone , it worked for me
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wiscdoo said:
My 98 ck3 did the same thing , I installed a gas cell shock in the rear , now the kick back is gone , it worked for me

[snapback]281110[/snapback]​
Did you have the ETS kit too? Do you mean just the rear shock or both rear shocks? How much, what kind and where????
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
237 Posts
MXZ4LIFE said:
wiscdoo said:
My 98 ck3 did the same thing , I installed a gas cell shock in the rear , now the kick back is gone , it worked for me

[snapback]281110[/snapback]​
Did you have the ETS kit too? Do you mean just the rear shock or both rear shocks? How much, what kind and where????
[snapback]281228[/snapback]​
Yup I had the ETS , it will be on E bay in a few days
, yes it did slow down the kick back but didn't care for the ride , the shock I replaced was only the rear shock , just came off a 200 plus ride and was satified with the way it rode .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
M-10 said:
Put one of these in the rear and all your problems will be solved!
[snapback]281375[/snapback]​
If I had the $$ I would
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Trailburner said:
play with the susp, try different set-ups, there's a difference in ride , you just haven't found it yet. Lighten up on the front shocks.Don't crank everything tight. The ETS makes the rear work together, if too tight it doesn't work right, like you said kick back.Soften the set-up

It worked great on my FZ 583.
[snapback]280689[/snapback]​
I got the rear soft as I could go! Then the darn thing would bottom out. I could hear the track rub the protectors. Put the springs back to hardest stoped the rub but still harsh ride!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
159 Posts
I tried everything also to get the old SC-10 to ride good. ETS kit,Fox Shox,Fiddled with shock valving and tried every adjustment that I could and the bottem line was that the SC-10 skid SUCKS! Installed a M=10 and never looked back! Yes they are pricey $$$ but well worth the money. I am now considering Installing the new M=12 in my new Mach Z 1000.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
How are the SC-10 II???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
159 Posts
I dont have any personal experience with the SC-10-2 but I have heard it is a little better at best. Also heard that it will bolt right in with no mods. Instead of toying with those factory back breakers I would be patient and save up for either a M=10 or an Expert X and you will love it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,435 Posts
M-10 said:
I tried everything also to get the old SC-10 to ride good. ETS kit,Fox Shox,Fiddled with shock valving and tried every adjustment that I could and the bottem line was that the SC-10 skid SUCKS! Installed a M=10 and never looked back! Yes they are pricey $$$ but well worth the money. I am now considering Installing the new M=12 in my new Mach Z 1000.
[snapback]281593[/snapback]​
M-10,
Lemme know if you decide to go m-12. I am still dialing in the m-10 in my 02 mxz. It is a different animal to say the least and contrary to popular opinion, the harder you ride it the better it seems to ride. Of mine has the ohlins and the m-valve option.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
159 Posts
OK Marc I will keep you posted. And I have also found that to be true of the M=10! It loves to be ridden hard. That old wives tale of them just being a trail cruizen skid is hogwash! And as far as slowing you down. I lost nothing on top end compared to my old back breaker stock skid. BTW I went with the Fox Zero X shox. So far so good as for holding the gas charge! Next time I will try the Ohlins.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,435 Posts
10,
Not to hijack the thread, but the rear end of my sled seems to be a little bit loose coming into corners, any suggestions? Also, I have heard of a lot of guys cutting the transfer blocks on the m10. Have you done this? PM me with details instead of taking up the thread.

Marc
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Trailburner said:
play with the susp, try different set-ups, there's a difference in ride , you just haven't found it yet. Lighten up on the front shocks.Don't crank everything tight. The ETS makes the rear work together, if too tight it doesn't work right, like you said kick back.Soften the set-up

It worked great on my FZ 583.
[snapback]280689[/snapback]​
What are YOUR settings??? Got any pics?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Come on guys help me out here
I want to enjoy the ride not fight it!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,226 Posts
MXZ4LIFE said:
Come on guys help me out here
I want to enjoy the ride not fight it!
[snapback]285284[/snapback]​
try the rear spring one up from the low setting. and the center shock spring 1-2 notches up from the low setting. make sure the acm nut is tight .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
csxt802 said:
MXZ4LIFE said:
Come on guys help me out here
I want to enjoy the ride not fight it!
[snapback]285284[/snapback]​
try the rear spring one up from the low setting. and the center shock spring 1-2 notches up from the low setting. make sure the acm nut is tight .
[snapback]285428[/snapback]​
I tried most of that all. The ACM is as tight as I can get it, and the springs are too. The center shock is at about that too. Man I'm screwed
 
1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Top