Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been covered before, I know...

2012 Freeride 800 Etech

took to dealer in december to get rings updated before season starts, in and out in less than a day, 235 miles later its back in the shop this time the rings took out the piston too...hoping the rings going in this time will be of a better quality than the first set? Dealer had a stack of rings from other sleds with the same problems...still love the sled though :)

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So talked with dealer today, found a logged overheat code in the computer. Great...I made the complaint saturday and after riding back to the house sunday, I let it idle in the driveway while I opened the garage door and the overheat light came on. Pulled it in and shut it off.

They are thinking the overheat had something to due with the scores on the piston. What I am wondering is how the jugs are in such good shape, wouldn't an overheat cause metal transfer?

This overheat has happened before, and the pistons looked mint when removed for the rings the first time. I dont run it when it overheats, I shut it off right away and let it cool...just curious if anyone has any input.

The scored were opposite the flat spot in the rings, and on the backside of the pistons in reference to orientation in the jugs. Also only happened on the left piston, right side looks good.

Can someone shed some light?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts