Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I have a 600 ETEC and I’m having this oil residue coming from the injectors I believe. I’ve heard about removing them and replacing some seals in them. I’m just a little nervous about tearing that much into. Could I just make sure everything’s tight and just send it for the season. What’s my best route for reliability ?
Vehicle Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive fuel system

·
Registered
21 renegade 850 xrs
75 Posts
You should be able to remove the injector bolts and replace the base gasket. Not really a hard job.

·
Premium Member
28,388 Posts
Is it only the gasket that is leaking? While I prefer doing my own work, it is a good candidate for a visit at the local BPR dealer. As for just tightening the bolts, heck no.

Before removing any of those four bolts, mark their position with a Sharpie! There is nothing worse than having the impression they were loose and not having any point of reference.

·
Keeping Skioutty on his toes...
2017 Ski doo Renegade 900...2022 Polaris Indy 137 XC 650
32,120 Posts
You sure that black oily stuff isn't coming blowing up from the exhaust manifold gasket... Those bolts on the manifold have a history of coming loose...

·
Registered
522 Posts
Had a warranty long block put in my 800 E-Tec a couple seasons ago. they removed the injectors to put them on the new head and they leaked. Got a feeling they went the cheap route and didn't replace the gaskets or seals that my full service manual says to replace every time you remove the injectors.I also pointed out to them the full service manual says those two bolts that hold the injector on are a one-time use. Got him to replace the seals and bolts and never got a leak again. I sure wouldn't be afraid to do the seal or gasket between the injector and the head and doubt I'd buy new bolts but it was ski-doo's dime so I said to them that they should have been replaced and they complied.

·
Premium Member
28,388 Posts
Had a warranty long block put in my 800 E-Tec a couple seasons ago. they removed the injectors to put them on the new head and they leaked. Got a feeling they went the cheap route and didn't replace the gaskets or seals that my full service manual says to replace every time you remove the injectors.I also pointed out to them the full service manual says those two bolts that hold the injector on are a one-time use. Got him to replace the seals and bolts and never got a leak again. I sure wouldn't be afraid to do the seal or gasket between the injector and the head and doubt I'd buy new bolts but it was ski-doo's dime so I said to them that they should have been replaced and they complied.
I think it is good advise on the seals and gaskets. I am glad that you pointed out the bolts without saying it was necessary. I could not imagine stretch bolts being used on the injectors. The threads will stretch, but they should not stretch anywhere near to yield.

The best is to tighten both of them progressively and mark their position with a Sharpie, then give them a second torque after some runtime, but only after the head has cooled down some.

·
Premium Member
28,388 Posts
X2 Nice work! Just need to recheck the torque after use and the bolts should be fine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts