Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Pretty cheap, but for a little more you can get a similar unit with more cranking power that might prove more useful for other starting applications. Not trying to be negative, just my opinion.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will it work, how many CCA do you need?
-A friend had a sled DOA on the trailer when we got to the trail head, had to jump it old school with frozen jumper cables and it was a pain in the #%^*+ at minus 5 degrees
-Just thought I'd share, especially if you are in the middle of nowhere... is there something better?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Got estart optioned summit, had the recoil installed as well. estart hasn't failed yet, but it may and I'll have a cord to pull instead of tincker with a clip and rope on the pulley

·
Registered
414 Posts
This unit http://www.amazon.com/Antigravity-Batteries-AG-XP-10-USB/dp/B00MQ5Z5F2/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1453041881&sr=8-3&keywords=micro-start+10 has 600 amp cranking power, compared to 450 in the unit mentioned earlier. Cranking power is important, the more the better. When I bought a unit a year ago I did the research and ended up with the XP10,there may be more powerful models/different brands available now. The model I have has been very impressive and gets the job done, even in -20's with a dead pickup battery. This was the first site I looked at, there may be better sources for pricing, you will have to do the research on other brands.

·
Registered
6,414 Posts
jump packs are definitely easier than jumper-cables quite often. I've got a gel based one I used for all sorts of weird things, but not yet to crank an engine over. Since I don't go real far alone, I'll stick with a small set of cables jammed under the seat than trying to remember to keep the booster boosted for every trip.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts