Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am having a problem getting this to run right . It seems to only be firing on one cylinder but when i pull the plug out it is sparking? it starts great 1st pull however when i advance the throttle it just bogs down and stalls. any help

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
It could be your carb being dirty the way you explain it.If you disconnect plug wire one at a time,does it run on one cyl at a time,if yes then your spark and compression is good.If not,then spark problem or compression problem.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HiOctane said:
It could be your carb being dirty the way you explain it.If you disconnect plug wire one at a time,does it run on one cyl at a time,if yes then your spark and compression is good.If not,then spark problem or compression problem.
[snapback]698297[/snapback]​
compression is good, i have cleand the carb could this be a bad plug or bad pionts?

·
Registered
334 Posts
old junk said:
HiOctane said:
compression is good, i have cleand the carb could this be a bad plug or bad pionts?
[snapback]698302[/snapback]​
Yes it could be a bad plug it has happen to me before on a 377! And make the best of it, it was a new plug that was the problem. replaced it for the second time and away she goes.

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
old junk said:
HiOctane said:
[snapback]698302[/snapback]​
Oh, i thought you were cdi.It colud be bad points and coil also.Try interchanging coli if you see the trouble "moves".If yes,then one coil is faulty.

·
Banned
1,103 Posts
did you check the plug colour, mine did the same. It was sparking on two and it would only go lik 20mph and if I push da gas it would die. If its a lean condition it could be ur carb gasket. Mine was missing, figured it out today

·
Registered
55 Posts
I had a nightmare trying to find out why I was losing one side (Mag)
at idle then when revving up it would come back and then I would lose it again at idle
I hit the kill switch, removed the pulse line
and pulled it over and a spray of fuel came out
The fuel pump was sending fuel into the pulse line and loading up the mag side
13.00 rebuild kit solved that !
Rob

·
Registered
29 Posts
MY 377 WAS RUNNING THE SAME WAY AND I REPLACED THE JETS AND GAVE HER A GOOD CLEANING - SOAKED IN CARB CLEANER OVERNIGHT AND PUT HER BACK TOGETHER AND IT RUNS GREAT! EVEN IDLES BETTER. HOPE THIS HELPS

·
Registered
357 Posts
could be ur crank seals just check by putting a propane torch not lit just the propane running out the end to the side or the clutch an if it revs up u got to replace them.

·
Banned
1,103 Posts
ya thats why I was wondering what ur plug color is because it could be leanign out somewhere. But the fuel pump would be something to clean out as well and try

1 - 10 of 10 Posts