Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
So not all 700s had the 360 watt system then, the 2001 MXZ used the previous 290 watt stator and the 2002 onward uses the 360.

CrackerJack do you have a matching 01 MPEM and DESS key for sale? I have to get both because there is no way for me to get them programmed here.

Thanks guys, i have learnt a lot from you all with this issue.

·
Registered
207 Posts
not all 02's had the 360w system, just the legend. So you would be able to use your magneto, pick ups, stator but the flywheels are different, so you will need a 700 290W flywheel 00-02 and the rer flywheels are different as well, but I don't have a key to match my mpem you would have to get it programmed, I would sell mine for $50.00 but ones that are matched are another 100+ on ebay but you wouldn't have to take anywhere

·
Have been
5,940 Posts
not all 02's had the 360w system, just the legend. So you would be able to use your magneto, pick ups, stator but the flywheels are different, so you will need a 700 290W flywheel 00-02 and the rer flywheels are different as well, but I don't have a key to match my mpem you would have to get it programmed, I would sell mine for $50.00 but ones that are matched are another 100+ on ebay but you wouldn't have to take anywhere
I would recommend you go to a used parts shop and pick up a wire harness for the 2003 or newer chassis they sell for between $60 and $120 that is a cheep reverse! then the sled will perform the way the engine was supposed to!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have torn a crap ton of these sleds apart and have never seen a 600 and a 700 have the same numbers or calibration on the mpem... but on the other hand I have seen 700 and 800 use the same number mpem so this leads me to believe the timing curves are the same on the 700 and 800 and different on the 600 and smaller bore sleds, but due mot quote me on that. I do have 4 mpems layin around 3 are for a 700 with and without rer and dpm if you need one let me know, don't have any use for them now since I have just revs now.
You still have mpem for 800 rer

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.