Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14,014 Posts
That '02 700 Legend has a newer 360w electrical system... my advice would be to either switch the stator and flywheel to the 600 stuff or switch the sled over to a newer MPEM and harness. You could get RER by switching the sled over to the newer system.

·
Registered
14,014 Posts
RER means rotax electronic reverse. That's where the two trigger coils come into play. It momentarily stalls the engine, then fires it in reverse rotation. So you have reverse without having mechanical gears in the chain case doing it. Need a different secondary clutch though. To do the complete swap, you would need the appropriate MPEM, wiring harness, voltage regulator, RER button and secondary clutch. You would already have the needed flywheel, trigger coils and stator in the 700 motor I assume. One thing to note with the '02 Legend electrical system... They need a battery to run. No battery and it won't give spark to start. Another thing... A RER MPEM needs to see both trigger coils or it won't give spark.

·
Registered
14,014 Posts
The 2002 360w electrical system is much different than the 2000 290w. With the 360w, the stator feeds the voltage regulator then the voltage regulator feeds the MPEM. On the 290w system, the stator feeds directly to the MPEM.
On your 700 the stator doesn't plug into the MPEM, but the rectangle four wire plug for the trigger coils does.
This is a case where you are not going to be able to mix and match... You need to use one system or the other.
I agree with TT, easiest thing would be to swap the 600 flywheel, trigger coil and stator.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.