Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
RER is Ski Doos electronic reverse, there is another trigger in the magneto area that an fire the engine in reverse with I do believe that all the engines have the mounting tabs for but some need to be tapped. but... then you would have to add the wiring, mpem, RER secordary clutch, And pick up in the magneto, upgrade for sure but kinda a pain in the arssssss. but if you want time put a little time in, up to you, I do have a MPEM for both the 02 without RER and DPM and with bth as well if you need them

·
Registered
207 Posts
And can you get the wiring from the 02 700... Would be the easiest way to do the swap, that way no splicing and its done right, or just transfer all your 600 electronics if they will fit (im not sure) to the 700 and get a reverse chaincase and make it easy if you want reverse.... so many options and 10 different ways to do it.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I have torn a crap ton of these sleds apart and have never seen a 600 and a 700 have the same numbers or calibration on the mpem... but on the other hand I have seen 700 and 800 use the same number mpem so this leads me to believe the timing curves are the same on the 700 and 800 and different on the 600 and smaller bore sleds, but due mot quote me on that. I do have 4 mpems layin around 3 are for a 700 with and without rer and dpm if you need one let me know, don't have any use for them now since I have just revs now.

·
Registered
207 Posts
not all 02's had the 360w system, just the legend. So you would be able to use your magneto, pick ups, stator but the flywheels are different, so you will need a 700 290W flywheel 00-02 and the rer flywheels are different as well, but I don't have a key to match my mpem you would have to get it programmed, I would sell mine for $50.00 but ones that are matched are another 100+ on ebay but you wouldn't have to take anywhere

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.