Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to bye a 2015 has 200 miles on it the person took the 800etek out and put a 600 etek back in it he used the 800 for his race sled the 600 has zero miles on it what did he haft to change on it

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
I would pass on it. With the insurance you will be paying for a 800. They don't care what you say is in it. They go by what the vin says is in it. Trust me I have done it.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I would pass on it. With the insurance you will be paying for a 800. They don't care what you say is in it. They go by what the vin says is in it. Trust me I have done it.
May not be quite accurate, at least in NY, took some extra paperwork and visits to the DMV, but when I put an 800 in my 440 roller back in 09' it didn't matter to the DMV what I put into it. I had to obtain a written letter by anyone who sounded official stating that a 800 was inserted and then received a updated registration. To get full coverage and with 800 pricing on the roller I then had to show Nationwide the updated registration rather than just supply the VIN, this also took a few extra steps the first year but was cake each year after that.

I assume you got a great deal, should be a killer deal given the situation.

Is it a 600 consumer engine or out of his RS? Clarify that people can chime in on what may have been swapped over.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts