Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, my brother, father and I wanted to get a second sled and we came across this monstrosity.

From what I can tell the frame and body is of a 1985 Formula MX, but the kick-er is the 617cc Rotax inside. I believe the previous owner swapped it himself from a 1992 Mach 1 XTC.

We acquired the sled in boxes of parts and it is now together and running after roughly 10 days of work over the past month. (Didn't know a front trailing arm could shear in two aha)

The current problem is we are having trouble with the electrics. Because of the motor swap I don't know which diagram we should be referencing, or both for that matter.

The sled runs, we just need to find a good secondary clutch, but we need to solve which wires to run, and how, from the voltage regulator so we have AC power to our instruments.

I've attached both diagrams that I've been looking at please correct me if i'm wrong.

PLEASE COMMENT AND DROP SOME WISDOM ON ME IT"S GREATLY APPRECIATED

A Grateful Greenhorn​

Attachments

·
Registered
144 Posts
I just did an engine swap into a 90 formula mx. It now has a 583 from a 96 MXZ. I found that i had to find a stator from a PRS era 583. I also read that i could have put the wiring from the MXZ in to the PRS but the tach would not read properly. You need to find out which ignition system the 617 has.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts