Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My sled was cutting out when i would go to give it WOT, and act like it was going onto one cylinder, than kicking back onto two when i let off. I thought it was the new plug caps i put on so i bought a new one, but it did the same thing. I changed plugs and it still cuts out but not as bad. When I hold it to the bar now it will skip just like a truck with a bad blug wire and act like the motor is numbed and have very little power. If i clamp it from a dead stop its alright for a short time, but than act like its just going numb and loosing a cylinder. I checked compresson and both are even. Anyone know what it could be?

·
Registered
928 Posts
what do the plugs look like ?
Lights flickering ?
check consintricity from coil to wire.
Did this just start happening ?
Clean carbs, pilot jets and main!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get back to me.

T-Burner

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes this did just start happening. Its hard now to solve the problem cause i need to haul the sled 3 hours just to try it out. I dont believe the lights are flickering, i havent sceen them, and it did just start happening withen the past two rides, (250 miles). I thought it was the plug cab, and 45 degree weather, but after i changed them and rode in the -5 degree weather it did the same just not as bad. I cleaned the carbs the beginning of this season.

What do you think it could be in the carbs? It idels fine, and if it wasnt getting fuel on top end it would lean out and blow. The plugs look decent. I light brown to darker brown.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts