Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
If you want to use up a lot of time, test the 1200 set up on your 900. There are way better options than that.
I would start by using the PB 80, and get a couple of springs for it. Turn it up to 8000
I have a dragy to confirm results. Won't be using a PB 80, there is enough good info and options on the edrive now

·
Registered
535 Posts
I picked up a left-over 2016 Blizzard 900 in April 2018 after they dropped the 900 in the 129 and got it for $7500 OTD. You are guys are doing very good picking up these low mileage sleds for a good price right now.

If you look at the Blizzard 900 and the ice Ripper Track, Premium Cluster, Rebuildable Shocks and TS skis, the sled is every bit as good as a current MXZ X that is selling between $13,500 and $14,000 OTD. Yea.... I know its the latest G4 chassis and RAS X stuff but side-by-side there is not $5K - $6K in difference between the 2022 X and these sleds.
My point was there isn't a comparable 900 you can buy anymore, they are all 137s which is fine but I prefer the 129. The 2016 Blizzard is really the best 900 ACE sled out there. $7500 for a new one is awesome!

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts
My point was there isn't a comparable 900 you can buy anymore, they are all 137s which is fine but I prefer the 129. The 2016 Blizzard is really the best 900 ACE sled out there. $7500 for a new one is awesome!
Yep... I got your point. I also prefer the 129 and why I grabbed a Blizzard 900 while I could still get the 900 in the 129.

I was just adding the 900 Blizzard is about as good as today's 2-stroke 129 X but a much better value in my opinion. And the 900 129 makes as good a trail sled with some clutching as a 2-stroke 129.

·
Registered
6,052 Posts
I have both a '14 1200 Gsx Se and just picked up a' 16 Mxz Blizzard 900 with 150 miles on it and like everyone says "for the wife" but then they go and clutch for increased performance. This one is just as much for me as it is for her.
I was able to do a 200 mile run on the 900.
I have read all the build threads and no one seems to mention engine braking, which on the 900 is basically non existent compared to the 1200.
I'm hitting 7200rpm and have seen 94 on the dream meter. I have new springs on order and will be doing the clutch mods in the fall.
Question is, will these clutch mods increase the engine braking. I really like how the 1200 braking is and would like to see similar results on the 900.
If you set the initial tension at 21 lbs per my video for the Dalton DPSS-B/Y/G, you will get additional engine braking. I now use a different primary and secondary spring, Judge 64 has the updated kit.

Bob

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Thanks Bob, was hoping you would answer and haven't disappeared yet.

That spring and a couple others are "in the mail"
Its going to be a while before I get real world tests,the extra braking is great news.

·
Registered
6,052 Posts
Still browsing! LOL

Bob

·
Registered
89 Posts
If you set the initial tension at 21 lbs per my video for the Dalton DPSS-B/Y/G, you will get additional engine braking. I now use a different primary and secondary spring, Judge 64 has the updated kit.

Bob
Bob,

Can you share your updated springs info. I think last I heard you had sold the last of your kits.

Thanks for all of your help and info here!

·
Registered
6,052 Posts
Customers that bought my kits would not appreciate me sharing the info. I am getting requests daily for kits and may offer kits again. I started testing for another set up as the Goodwin spring was out of stock more than one time when I needed to restock my inventory. The new set up consists of a new primary and secondary spring, along with a custom helix and 3 Super O-rings. P.M. me and if I get enough requests, I will contact you with price and availability.

Bob

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I never use the brake, unless the guy ahead of me is too slow... ;) I have over 3000 miles seat time on Bar's blizzard, the engine braking and acceleration out of corners is awesome!

Reactions: bar549

·
Registered
6,052 Posts
Your racking the miles up on the ole girl! LOL

Bob

·
Registered
249 Posts
I have played a bit with my clutch set-up for this season and it works well, but I will continue the journey next season. Had a rough year! I have the weights ground to 36.5 grams. The Dalton white / yellow spring ( 117/225) and a new stock secondary spring (417127242) set to 21lbs. On full throttle blasts it hits 8300 to 8400 rpm and settles back to 8100 and holds it. The mid range pull is very strong. I will replace the secondary spring with a Dalton Y/G and set it also to 21lbs as per Bar549's recommendations. I think the stock secondary springs works well when new, but loses tension quickly, hence the change to the Dalton Y/G in the future. Currently, I don't know enough about Helix angles to make an educated purchase and it's too expensive to play trial and error with them.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Your racking the miles up on the ole girl! LOL

Bob
Not to worry Bob... I'll have another blizzard in the stall alongside your "ole girl" next season so I don't put too many miles on her. :wink_old:

IMG_0515.JPEG

Attachments

Reactions: bar549
21 - 32 of 32 Posts