Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
My sled bogs when rpm's are under 3,000 and I floor it. It stutters until it gets to about 3 grand and then takes off. I tried screwing and unscrewing the air screw, but nothing changes. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
457 Posts
intensert said:
My sled bogs when rpm's are under 4,000 and I floor it. It stutters until it gets to about 4 grand and then takes off. I tried screwing and unscrewing the air screw, but nothing changes. Any thoughts?
[snapback]701823[/snapback]​
Sounds like a belt deflection problem.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Sweet Baby Rev said:
intensert said:
My sled bogs when rpm's are under 3,000 and I floor it. It stutters until it gets to about 3 grand and then takes off. I tried screwing and unscrewing the air screw, but nothing changes. Any thoughts?
[snapback]701823[/snapback]​
Sounds like a belt deflection problem.
[snapback]701838[/snapback]​
deflection is approx. 1 1/2" like the manual says.

If I ease the throttle, it's just fine.

·
REV XP Nut
1,248 Posts
Its starving for fuel

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Switched to 340-350-340 today with no sign of getting better. But noticed some nice gray matter coming fom exhaust. Pulled plugs and checked out pistons for head gasket issues, and all pistons look good. Pulled the silencer off and found the gray liquid coming from center cylinder. Called local shop and they thought maybe too much fuel and oil getting to pipes and washing insides of pipes. Pulled needle valve and seat and found middle needle has indentation on rubber tip that meets seat. Going to replace that tommorrow to see if that cures anything. (Thanks to BRP for using this carb that uses special needle valve/seat that brp charges 3 times normal rate for.-$40 ea.)

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Changed needle valve and seat today, but nothing changed with my bog. tried 50 pilots, and tried going back to 330-340-330 w/ 50 pilots, and still same issue. Moved air screw in and out each setup with no resolve. I think at this point maybe it's getting TOO much fuel, so I'm thinking of dropping to 320-330-320 in the mains, and 45 pilots to see what happens. Reason I say this is when I pump her to 1/2 throttle and let off, she revs up to 2500 rpms for 5-10 seconds and then comes back down to 1900 as if she's burnin' off the excess fuel and then comes back down. Anybody else have any other thoughts or something that I'm overlooking. I would think this HAS to be an air/fuel issue.

·
Registered
877 Posts
You have a clutching issue my friend. If you have stock clutching, put some new springs in and let her fly.
My opinion is that your primary spring took a set and is allowing the sheeves to squeeze before you come on the pipe.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've actually got new springs on order (primary and secondary) as I figured they were the original springs with the sled. Have anothere issue that the sled doesn't want to rev above 7 grand. So, maybe replacing the springs will take care of both of these issues.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
flatlander said:
You have a clutching issue my friend. If you have stock clutching, put some new springs in and let her fly.
My opinion is that your primary spring took a set and is allowing the sheeves to squeeze before you come on the pipe.
[snapback]706015[/snapback]​
Replaced both clutch springs today. Didn't change a thing. I'm at a total loss. Tried upping pilots and jets, dinkin' with air screws, and absolutely nothing seems to help or worsen problem. Could it be the stator causing this?
Discovered that if I put her to the bars from under 3000 and don't let off to get out of the bog, she kills.

BTW, my manual says to have the air screws set at 2, is this correct, mine is set at 4. Not that adjusting solves my problem, but the correct setting would be great.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts