Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
With this weather we are getting and my new sled problems i am wondering if there will be any late march riding.

He is what my clutches look like after a bolt came lose on my secondary and got caught in the belt.
ef7ab3f08943313204e003e092f1122d.jpg
a5de6c61ea153c97f8490fbe552fcc38.jpg

4500kms, was lucky i did a pre ride inspection before i left home friday. It was a trip to the dealership instead of muskoka.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
GSX = Gone Swamp X-ing
69,943 Posts
I think we're pretty much done for the year. This heat wave is hitting all the way up to Cochrane. Normally we get a few more weeks of bonus riding up north but I doubt we'll get that this year.

As for your clutch problems, if it's a new sled is that going to be covered under warranty? Dootalk member "SuperDoooo" had the same thing happen with his '08. He was able to polish/sand the clutch faces enough that there were only a few pock marks left and is still running it as far as I know. Would be nice to get a new set of clutches under warranty though!

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I didnt notice it to be honest, youd think it was making all kinds of noise. I hope it is covered, i see no reason it wouldn't be. A couple new clutches at 5k doesn't hurt i guess.

This heat wave shows no end, even up north. What a disaster!

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Yes I was trying to make one last run up north this weekend I think it depends on how much rain.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
I machined the faces on my 97 Mach Z... took about 14 thou off to get all the chew out of it.. and shimmed it back... not sure about a primary...

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They ended up replacing both secondary and primary as complete units and a new belt, cost me $59 so I am very happy. A week and I get my sled back, good turnaround really. Not sure if Cochrane will be possible in the next week or two, we will have to wait and see.

I have a dayco belt for a spare, the service guy informed me that if it came in for warranty work with that belt on it, that it would be denied because OEM belts must be used. Thats news to me, I just like the dayco for a spare because I have never blown one but I have blown a few doo belts, I dont really care what it rides like as a spare.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Nice, sounds like fair support from BRP.
Who is your dealer ?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nice, sounds like fair support from BRP.
Who is your dealer ?
Brampton powersports, they are not really busy with sleds so its a great place to bring it in during skidoo season I have found. I've had my sled in a couple times this year and was always happy picking it back up the same week.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts