Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
I like it. I bet doo comes out with a kit in the next few years.

·
Flyin Fox Daddy X3
31,302 Posts
iwanna440x said:
but would you seriously take a $8000-$10,000 machine and ride it through the mud?
[snapback]752739[/snapback]​
why not? looked like alot of people did this winter already!
mud washes off.

·
Registered
642 Posts
iwanna440x said:
but would you seriously take a $8000-$10,000 machine and ride it through the mud?
in late may or early june, we off load at the snow line and at the end of the day, the snow has melted where the trucks are and hell the machines handle great for the half mile of mud and water to load them. the only problem is the pain i feel from grinding my teeth while we do it.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
iwanna440x said:
Go price a new Outlander Max 800 with all the bells and whistles.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
And tank tracks.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
But then you could also groom your own trail.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
tughillterror said:
The tank tracks are way cooler.
[snapback]752801[/snapback]​
And do they throw some crap.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
behindpropellers said:
04renegade600ho said:
gsxy said:
I like it. I bet doo comes out with a kit in the next few years.
[snapback]752721[/snapback]​
And how you suppose they plan to keep the engine from overheating?
[snapback]752948[/snapback]​
Fan/Radiator. As it says on the website.
[snapback]753035[/snapback]​
How about a REALLY long garden hose?

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
quote to dealer.... " I don't know what happened, I was running it down the gravel road it the chain case just exploded! What, my BRP warranty won't cover it because it is now a 4 wheeler?!?!?!"

Sorry,,, but only in North Dakota!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Talked to Kent Peterson at Chameleon Conversion Company (701-886-4289) and he said they did testing on a Rev-based model in 95 degree weather and they didn't have any cooling issues. They have added a fan/radiator of automobile type to take care of that with overkill. There will be front brakes that will have a lever and resevoir for fluid mounted on the right side of the bars. Width of the conversion will be about 56" depending on model. He said it should be about 5 hour initial install, but after that it should be considerably less time to change from one to the other. Should be easy to install, with the hardest part being the removal/install of the track. Target-pricing is to be around $3500 minus the tires and wheels. He said there is too many differnt styles to choose from, so just leave it to customer to get his own. They are expecting to get the kits ready for production 4-6 months. They are going to try to get out to Silver Lake Sand Dunes in Michigan over the summer to get more exposure along with other different spots across the country.

I know there are skeptics out there, but the idea of being able to ride my beloved sled more than 4-5 weekends a year (lack of snow!!), I could get into something like that! Maybe a DooTalk Ride in July!?!?!
And no I am not getting paid for this post in any way! Just thinking it could be a good idea! What about other pros/cons?!? Let's hear what you have to say!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts