Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one out there that has a 7’ wide snowmobile trailer that uses it for side by side also. Trying to decide on a new trailer and looking at 7’ and 7.5’ wide options. Any one out there that has a 7’ and use it for side by side? Can you get out of it without crawling over the door or the back when it’s in the 7’ trailer. I want to buy a trailer that can be used for both purposes.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Yes I can get out of mine but it barely fits height wise. I just have a 570 polaris so anything bigger may not fit unless you find a taller trailer

·
Registered
414 Posts
I have a full size Ranger that has a hard cab/doors and can just barely get out of it in a 7 1/2' Neo Sports trailer, cannot imagine getting out in a 7 footer. As was mentioned, make sure you get a trailer that has high enough door clearance and put in lots of tie downs so you will have plenty of hooking options for different length ATV's, having a walk door put on the left side right rather than the right is also a bonus.

·
cool beans
36,805 Posts
IMG_0379 (1).JPG This when i first got my trailer.....8' wide x 7'-6" high.....I wouldn't want to be any narrower or lower . B)

Attachments

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
A friend of mine tried his in my 7' x 25' 7' high door trailer. went in easy he just could get out the door. His UTV is 65-1/2" wide. We agreed that if he put some foam on wall he wouldn't have to worry about hitting it with door and could get a few inches more. He bought a 7' wide trailer with a 6'6" door. Depends how wide your UTV is I would think. UTV.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
You could go with a 7' wide trailer and add a side escape door like car haulers have. Neo offers them, at least on some models.

·
Super Moderator
29,360 Posts
I put my Defender in my 7' NEO. It's tight but I can do it without a lot of grief.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Opinions needed...I have a nice 20 ft enclosed sled trailer sitting empty in the driveway of my new subdivision home.

I always lived in a small town up north and never locked it up empty or full...Never locked anything pretty well.

My concern is that if all the doors are locked, someone might think it's full of toys and steal it...

What do you guys think ??

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
When mine is empty I leave it unlocked.

Reactions: MX-Z Man

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
I leave mine unlocked, just store my lawnmower and misc. junk in it. If someone wants my junk it's not hard to get either way... But I'd rather not have broken doors. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for info! I don't have a utv but may later on in the future. I'm looking at 2 options. A 7x 23 or a 7.5x21 both including the 5' v nose.
I'm wondering am I able to fit 3 154 wide tracks in there. I don't want a 8.5 wide trailer as I find it's to big to see in the mirrors. I don't mind backing in one.

·
Premium Member
8,093 Posts
I have a 7' wide and a 7.5' wide.

The 6" extra width doesn't matter. The fender inserts 3" on each side always seem to be in the way and take up floor space.

If your concern is seeing behind then go with the 7' wide. The 7' x 23' gets you two additional feet.

Good luck in your search.

Don~

1 - 15 of 15 Posts