Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do all clutches have a notch to wrap the rope around incase recoil breaks?? i rebuilt a motor but the recoil is broke and cant see any place to wrap the rope around to start. the motor is a 503 f/c out of a 96 forula SL

·
Registered
10,873 Posts
my 01, you wrap the starter rope around the black ring on the outer face of the primary clutch, about 1/2" wide ring. not sure on that model if it is a similar clutch, what are you looking at??

·
Registered
156 Posts
hey jimmy, what's stopping you from taking the recoil off and giving it an overhaul? Won't take long and you can do it with out giving the dealer $$$. Most parts for those recoils are pretty cheap. Try that. You don't want to be out and have to try starting that sled with the clutch in the dark.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah not my sled cant get a hold of guy to tell him to buy one plus im sure he woudnt mind knowing how to start without recoil if an emergecy arises. i think i might just try to bend the spring for now to see how it runs, ive seen people do it before and it lasts about a season if your lucky

1 - 4 of 4 Posts