Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Cains Guest
1,642 Posts
Yes

We were involved with development of the snowmobile specific shock from Elka in 2014 that included the addition of a Delrin ice scrapper installed on the shaft and use of lower temp oil and seals. Great Canadian product !!!

·
Registered
387 Posts
In that case I'll post my experience with Elka. Bought all four shocks for my 2013 Renegade X. Took 6 weeks to get the shocks that were directly ordered from Elka. Sales rep was less than helpful. Seals blew in less than 300KM. Ride was not noticeably better. Will never purchase another Elka product.

·
Cains Guest
1,642 Posts
In that case I'll post my experience with Elka. Bought all four shocks for my 2013 Renegade X. Took 6 weeks to get the shocks that were directly ordered from Elka. Sales rep was less than helpful. Seals blew in less than 300KM. Ride was not noticeably better. Will never purchase another Elka product.
These shocks were built in 2013 ?

·
Registered
814 Posts
I'll say this: my experience with the service side of the company itself left MUCH to be desired when I sent mine back for a rebuild. I should have sent them to Ian and they'll be going to him this spring for a rebuild and some valving tweaks. The shocks themselves are great. Very adjustable and with the tweaking I'll ask Ian to do they'll be perfect. Riding mine back to back with the stock XRS KYB 40s: they're noticeably better. But they're also sprung and generally valved for my weight. I play with the adjustments more than I thought I would. The rears are a pain to adjust when it comes to rebound, stupid little set screw rather than a proper clicker knob like is on the fronts. It's also a pain to access the hi and low speed compression knobs on the center and rear skid shocks once they're installed. There are also fittement issues with the rear uncoiled shock's adjustment knob on my XRS Gade skid. The high and low speed compression being separate is definitely a nice feature. Not sure I'd pay full boat for them and if I had I think I'd be disappointed to be honest. But for what I've got in to this set, I'm a happy camper and they'll be staying on for the long run.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts