Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
I have an elite with a 444 liquid when you start it and pin it it goes to full rpm.... stays there for about 30 seconds or so then it drops to half throttle and won't go past that no matter how much you push the throttle.... it idles all day long starts like new.... this just started out of the blue..... I changed coils, plugs, fuel, fuel lines new fuel pump kit, even changed to a high end 2 stroke oil... I'm at a loss also compression is at 110 and sled has 2000 miles on it....

Attachments

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Took carb out cleaned it... bowl always full of fuel... float is level....went back to stock main jet... pilot is clean idles perfectly....

·
Registered
252 Posts
In the video, it sounds like it's running on both cylinders even when it losses RPMs. Do you have a digital temp gun with which you can check the manifold temps of each cylinder to see if they are running at similar temperatures?

It really does sound like it's not getting sufficient fuel. I'd check the fuel pump and the impulse line. And it could also be leaky crank seals resulting in insufficient impulse pressure to operate the fuel pump. That's a possibility because the seals could seal reasonably well for a short time until they warm up and loose their sealing ability. Also, how about the fuel tank venting system. I cant remember if the Elite used a vented fuel cap. If it does, try loosening the cap a little and see if that makes any difference. I'm also wondering if there might be some problem with the primer?

·
Registered
439 Posts
It has a vent line I also loosened the cap if you look in the video u can see it move.... are the seals hard to change I was told I had to crack the engine.... I'm going to tare down the fuel pump again see if it's dirty last time I did a kit in it last spring when it started acting up.... I didn't do the plugs and ball bearing I'm told is in there.....

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Also this morning while it was doing it's thing I gave it a small primer pump just to add fuel at full throttle... it just pretty much stalled it almost... it didn't rev up...

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I played with it tonight... check the fuel pump.... it pumps about a cup in 30 second.... I also noticed when it pin it when it starts to do its thing it smokes lost at full throttle let of till about half throttle it goes back to normal speed up a bit then if I give it a bit more gas it starts bogging again.....

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I finally broke down and pulled out the engine the seal where leaking and the points where kinda burnt in my opinion they weren't touching on the contacts flush... and the condensors well are different so I have the wrong ones... they should be 001-128.... the parts guy gave me 001-129... which are shorter.... so have to wait again....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts