Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was riding my 500ss this last weekend and everything on the odometer was light up, temp light, low oil, bright light, and coution light. I tried restarting it a few times but the lights would not go off. At one point my odometer said the word (scale). I have no idea what the heck is going on. Please help.

·
Registered
223 Posts
revman3687 said:
I was riding my 500ss this last weekend and everything on the odometer was light up, temp light, low oil, bright light, and coution light. I tried restarting it a few times but the lights would not go off. At one point my odometer said the word (scale). I have no idea what the heck is going on. Please help.
[snapback]750563[/snapback]​
One cause of this is the reset button is stuck in. Try playing with it to get unstuck. It will not noticably "pop-out", but if that is the problem you will not see "scale" anymore. If you can get it into a warm place it will most likely fix itself...button will not be stuck. Happens more often when pretty cold.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
psu111376 said:
revman3687 said:
[snapback]750563[/snapback]​
One cause of this is the reset button is stuck in. Try playing with it to get unstuck. It will not noticably "pop-out", but if that is the problem you will not see "scale" anymore. If you can get it into a warm place it will most likely fix itself...button will not be stuck. Happens more often when pretty cold.
[snapback]750925[/snapback]​
I assume you are talking about the reset button for the trip odometer, I do remember pushing it in, so i hope that is the problem. Thanks

·
Registered
223 Posts
[/quote]
I assume you are talking about the reset button for the trip odometer, I do remember pushing it in, so i hope that is the problem. Thanks
[snapback]750987[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Yes, that is correct. Kind of pinch it between your fingers and gently pull back (again you will not feel it come back/out) it has a very small amount of "travel" if you will. If that is your problem (which sounds like it) playing with the rest button will fix it

·
Registered
428 Posts
Probably not your problem, but if the sled idles low (<1800 rpm), all the gauges will shutdown.

- Tachometer will read zero.
- Lights on the speedo will light up like they do at startup (just like the dash on a car, so you can tell if any of them are burned out)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Same problem on both of my 2005 500SS this weekend while riding in the UP. The word SCALE come up and neither the tach or the speedo are working. One one machine the speedo stays on 20 mph. I have gotten it to go away for a few minutes on one machine and the hour meter and trip odometer are reset each time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts