Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Like the topic says - no gas gauge, no temp gauge, no headlight, no tailight, no handwarmers or thumb warmers. Anybody have any idea. I was thinking voltage regulator. I checked all the fuses and none of them were burnt out.

I did a search but couldn't come up with much. Everything was working fine it just happened while we were on the trail.

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Are your speedo and tach out too? My buddy just went thru this after getting his tether reprogrammed, turned out to be a bad relay, 2 minute part swap and he was going again...

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
I just looked at the wiring diagram and it looks like the only common part between all those items is the headlight relay.

Part #410 113 200

That's the number off the '03 parts catalog but it should be the same.

Norm

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
skidoorules_98 said:
Like the topic says - no gas gauge, no temp gauge, no headlight, no tailight, no handwarmers or thumb warmers. Anybody have any idea. I was thinking voltage regulator. I checked all the fuses and none of them were burnt out.

I did a search but couldn't come up with much. Everything was working fine it just happened while we were on the trail.
[snapback]259197[/snapback]​
HAVE SAME PROBLEM ON A 2002 LEGEND 500 LIGUID.
I TRIED A NEW VOLTAGE REGULATOR IT WAS NOT IT.
STILL LOOKING

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jesus, to be honest it was my father in laws 2002 legend 500 liquid. How many kms what yours happened. His was at 1800 km. Its at the doctors today. That think it may be the stator. I like the headlight relay idea. I have them checking that out today also. will keep you updated if they fix it.

·
Registered
623 Posts
It is the stator, the regulator or the relay, that's it. I had the same problem a month ago on my 02 GT 700. seems to be a very common problem on the 02's. You should have found a few posts on the exact topic in your search.

If there is voltage coming out of the stator (round clear plug at front of motor) the stator is fine. If no voltage after the regulator, it's the regulator. start the machine and hit the relay like you are trying to break it, if it's sticking it will kick in. Try the relay first, it's much cheaper and good to have a spare if it's not it. The stator can be tested so no need to buy a voltage regulator and not be sure if it's it or not.

hope this helps, it's one of those three though....clean all connections anyway though, just in case.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok dealer thought it was the stator. changed it, and it still didn't work. It turned out to be the black relay (headlight??) on the right side of the machine near the fuses.

hope this helps

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
That's what my buddies problem was (see post near the top), and I didn't say at the time but it was also a 500 Legend, maybe an 03? Hmm....

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
1600 miles just gave out while riding.
we will try the relay too
thanks everyone

1 - 11 of 11 Posts