Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do the wire post inside the new style electric connector plugs release

I am trying to replace the throttle lever, and cannot figure out how to get the wire prongs inside the connector plug to release. They seem to be a different style than I remember.

Thankis for any help or ideas you can offer . . .

·
Registered
226 Posts
vettezr1 said:
Ding you didnt say what year make but on the 04,05 revs there is a littel nub on the bottom side you need to press while you wiggle the connector hope this helps
[snapback]702813[/snapback]​
It was on an 06 Rev, and we ended up just splicing behind the connector. I never did figure it out, and I am very experienced with electrical connectors. We did see what looked like a nub, but it did not seem to release it.

The connector that we were trying to get loose was the thumb warmer connector that is clipped to the handlebar mount area under that round cover that is in the middle of the bars. Getting the plug loose from the bracket, and unplugging the connector is elementary, but getting the individual prongs to release from the connector plug seemed to be very difficult.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.