Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
21 - 40 of 386 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Here's another doozy for all the well too do electric folks.

https://manofmany.com/rides/narke-gt95-electric-jet-ski

At some point if they want anyone to take this stuff serious they have to quit producing alternatives that are absolutely laughable amongst other things. A jet ski that costs $47,000 yes that's 3 zeros, that has a range of 31 miles. Seriously folks, this is the best we can do? My dad was building electric motors 30 years ago that went into everything from air compressors to nuclear powered submarines and this is where were at in 2020?? My Yamaha has twice the horsepower, a range of 100-140 miles depending on how hard it's ran and cost $12000 new. Long way to go.

·
Super Moderator
29,357 Posts
^^^ Why do you hate the environment?

So you think 4X the range and 4X less money is more appealing? Darn selfish people. Geez.

Crazy, isn't it.

·
Registered
3,237 Posts
Here's another doozy for all the well too do electric folks.

https://manofmany.com/rides/narke-gt95-electric-jet-ski

At some point if they want anyone to take this stuff serious they have to quit producing alternatives that are absolutely laughable amongst other things. A jet ski that costs $47,000 yes that's 3 zeros, that has a range of 31 miles. Seriously folks, this is the best we can do? My dad was building electric motors 30 years ago that went into everything from air compressors to nuclear powered submarines and this is where were at in 2020?? My Yamaha has twice the horsepower, a range of 100-140 miles depending on how hard it's ran and cost $12000 new. Long way to go.
You forgot to add, 31 mile range, 6 hour charge time. Good thing is that you can use a household plug..... :) I know of lakes that are 5 miles or more long. So you run from one of the lake to the other, gotta come back, that's a third of the battery. I'm sure that you have to take in lake conditions and speed. You could be out on a lake for a couple of hours and be done, as with the charge time it could be night time before your ready to go back out. I understand you gotta start somewhere, but please don't cram this stuff down our throat.

Reactions: Tugnut

·
Premium Member
27,922 Posts

interesting vid on the stagnant state of battery tech but profiles the breakthroughs of two companies that will drastically improve charge times and energy density. the first 4 minutes are just about battery history and construction. the second company mentioned has a 200 million dollar investment from VW so that's a pretty impressive vote of confidence.
Add a liquid metal batteries for grid energy storage.

·
Premium Member
27,922 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,922 Posts
Perhaps it's that there are few hybrids available in the North American market.
This chart from a previous article shows how the transition is happening in Norway. I wouldn't expect we will see those kind of numbers here for another 15 years or more. By comparison EV sales in the U.S. were about 2%.
Nothing to panic about for a long time.
79a5bc08c84c5ba4bdca0bd95f83fc14.jpg

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
It is the irony of the free world with companies having to export their highest level tech to other countries. When Mazda was asked if they would make their tech available to NA, the answer was that NA were not really into fuel savings compared to other countries. NA has become its own world with its own undoing. We can see it with how Pseudoscience has taken a hold to the point of making every attempt to disprove science with the long term use of humiliation. It is worth taking a quick count of how many times this technique has been used in the BRP 5 year thread. Ironically it works the same among adults as it did in high school......

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Reactions: Daag44

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
good grief, 23000 galllons of water to put the fire out, we don't need no water let the stoopid tesla burn, burn tesla burn.

·
Super Moderator
29,357 Posts
good grief, 23000 galllons of water to put the fire out, we don't need no water let the stoopid tesla burn, burn tesla burn.
Those "environmentally friendly" cars sure do have a side most never discuss. ;)

But thank God their here, the world is about to end. Good grief...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/as-biden-prepares-for-climate-summit-un-says-the-world-is-on-the-verge-of-the-abyss-194222171.html

So the whole world was shut down and locked down, yet the Boogie Man greenhouse gases went up. If actually true it sure looks like just maybe we don't have much to do with it. Its almost like this could just be a cycle??? Gosh I wonder if they ever considered that. I'm sure if they could figure out how to tax a cycle they would.

·
Premium Member
27,922 Posts

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Let's hypothesize, I buy an electric vehicle, I avoid the state and federal tax at the pump on my purchases. This tax is supposed to go for road construction and repair.

Miles driven and vehicle efficiency factor in how much I purchase. Under the current system, the more I buy, the more tax they collect..

C'mon now you don't think these taxes will go away, further, they could devise a plan to extract a greater amount than they currently receive.

Who can offer suggestions as to how this will be administered with electric vehicles?

·
Super Moderator
29,357 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Yeah and just look up a few lines- 3 people want them so they are built. Lmao. by stealing hard working Americans and their children's tax money

Yep people want them so bad amd it's such a great idea the government had to Mandate them into development. ???????????????? what a joke.

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
Yeah and just look up a few lines- 3 people want them so they are built. Lmao. by stealing hard working Americans and their children's tax money

Yep people want them so bad amd it's such a great idea the government had to Mandate them into development. what a joke.
Thanks for sharing

·
Registered
307 Posts
Your welcome. I like people to hear the truth in between the pipe dreams. Electric junk may be mandated but it will never be useful in my lifetime or yours to real snowmobilers it’s just not possible. However it will ruin the economy and devastate this country on many levels to push this junk. I’m sure you understand the unspoken problem these dreamers aren’t saying publicly

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Your welcome. I like people to hear the truth in between the pipe dreams. Electric junk may be mandated but it will never be useful in my lifetime or yours to real snowmobilers it's just not possible. However it will ruin the economy and devastate this country on many levels to push this junk. I'm sure you understand the unspoken problem these dreamers aren't saying publicly
I understand your concerns but i see it differently.

To make big advancement in technology fast, pushing makes a difference. Of course, pushing can create some problems along the way.

In my opinion, those problems will not be so that bad that it will ruin the economy and devastate the country. Maybe, in the end, it will have the opposite effects.

Gloomy about the future is something we all do as we get older but we have to leave room for hope somewhere. ;)

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Depending on where you read, the US population is between 4-1 and 5-1 urban vs rural. I suspect the users of recreational powerport vehicles have a demographic significatly different than that.
For tens of millions of people living in urban settings EVs will suit their needs, cut back on pollution, and noise, where they live.
At the current technolohy level there is still a huge population for whom ICEs are irreplaceable, but that doesn't mean EVs are not going to eventually become mainstrean.
Cadillac has said that all new models going forward will only be EV, and they will be ICE free by 2030.
That is the most aggresive date I have so far heard of, but the ICE is not expected to be eliminated entirely until 2050.
That's far longer than I need to worry about, and a long time for technology to make advances in ways we may not even know at this point.
I'm in no hurry for an EV, but I'm glad millions of others are, and in the next couple of years that will be visible on the roads everywhere.
Tesla had a good headstart on the market but most manufacturers will have models on the road soon, if they don't already.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
21 - 40 of 386 Posts