Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has added electric start to a REV? What kit did you use and where to get? Any idea on price? One person told me it was an easy install, another said it was difficult. Just purchased an 05 800 -X with electric start. Passed on my 04 800 ADR to my wife. She has one heck of a time pulling it over. When it is warm, she can start it about 50% of the time. Want to add the kit for her so she can start it. She loves the sled and it is mint so I do not want to get rid of it cause of this!

thanks

Cuda

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Cuda340 said:
I was wondering if anyone has added electric start to a REV? What kit did you use and where to get? Any idea on price? One person told me it was an easy install, another said it was difficult. Just purchased an 05 800 -X with electric start. Passed on my 04 800 ADR to my wife. She has one heck of a time pulling it over. When it is warm, she can start it about 50% of the time. Want to add the kit for her so she can start it. She loves the sled and it is mint so I do not want to get rid of it cause of this!

thanks

Cuda
[snapback]736574[/snapback]​
anyone!!

·
Registered
373 Posts
Cuda340 said:
Cuda340 said:

thanks

Cuda
anyone!!
[snapback]737096[/snapback]​
Got mine on ebay 300 shipped needs a battery you can get one of those for like 70 shipped online. ytx20hl-bs maitainece free battery from yusra. Didnt put mine in yet no snow was gonna wait till spring when i summerize it. Only thing im worried about is taking the clutch off never done one before. people tell me to use an impact and people tell me to use the puller. not sure how im gonna pull it off yet but that would be the biggest delema i will encounter. Because im gonna say this it will probably be a biatch but shouldnt be too hard pulled vitage clutchs off b4 with an impact!

·
Registered
307 Posts
Get the kit from Doo, it comes with everything, starter, ring gear,batt.,solenoid, wiring harness, bolts, nuts ,zip ties, brackets, detailed directions the whole ball of wax. Not too bad a job to install if mech. inclined at all. Bought 1 from Bird`s E-BAY store think it was around $500. Check around on internet might find a deal.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Thinking about buying off of e-bay also but does the kit on e-bay have a key to start or does it use the push start button on the handle bars??

·
Registered
954 Posts
if its a doo kit it should start with the button. just make sure its not an sdi kit, they are different. and not a bad job if youve got a few tools. and a puller. and an impact.(need both 1999) about $680 cdn but yes youll probably find something on ebay or something

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
The doo kit is very complete, just have a good hard 40 torx to drive the self tappers into the clutch for the ring gear and red loctite, only drive the bolts in once, do not tap them, they are designed to bind as they cut, don't be affraid to turn them hard to tighten. I just did this, you have the main wires to the battery side, use the X as a template, thats what we did as far as washers here or there and routing of the main wire, take the pipe out for ease. It took us a few hours from start to finish, the worst being the ring gear nightmare. There are no threads on the clutch so don't let that be a surprise, just get 2 or 3 good #40s, they go fast, make sure they go in straight and do not tap them, they will back out. It was straight forward but we took our time and did it right. I can not live without it now. I got mine from SAK, an advertiser here for 425 complete right to the battery. Got here in 2 days.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Cuda340 said:

thanks

Cuda
i have a new take off from a 05 800 summit all the same , depending on where you are i have it complete w/battery

1 - 8 of 8 Posts