Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK heres the deal my brothers 04 600ho rev adr wont start with the push of a button, we replaced the battery, checked the fuses, and nothing. The stupid thing wont turn over it doesnt make a sound, its just dead, it will start if we pull it but who wants to do that if we can just push a button(how lazy we have become). We arent sure what to do so if anyone could give us some ideas we would really appreciate it. We are going to the soo this wknd and then over to newberry on sun til tuesday so if you got some trail reports on those areas I would appreciate that also.
Thanks, ckoz

·
Registered
20 Posts
mine did that last year in febuary when i was out west! when i got home to minnesota the dealer told me it was toast.i just got my new electric start in december!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Does the RER work?

·
2011 RMK PRO 155
8,136 Posts
curts said:
mine did that last year in febuary when i was out west! when i got home to minnesota the dealer told me it was toast.i just got my new electric start in december!
[snapback]292009[/snapback]​
Did you check the fuse by the relay under the instrument pod. It is on the left side, on the aluminum upright, there is a relay there also, worth checking. also check the starter relay on top of the battery. Hope this helps and good luck.

·
Crazy Person
5,615 Posts
Is it an SDI?

·
Registered
43 Posts
When my 03 600 ho electric did the same thing, we took the handlebar module apart and found that there wasn't any power to the switch. We traced along the wire harness up under the dash (yes where it is pain to see anything) and there were a couple small plastic modules (I assume relays) in the harness. we took them out, made sure the contacts were clean, put them back in and she fired right up with the starter.

I've read another account or two on here about others with the same problem and the same fix..... apparently on the assembly line they don't get these snapped in tight, or moisture gets in to the contacts..... Haven't had a problem with them since. Hope your fix is this easy also....... love the E starter!

FYI..... Revmeister.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts