Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a beginner that bought a 2005 Ski Doo MXZ 600 ho. There are a couple things that I had questions on, so I thought I would see if you could direct me. I need to replace the hand warmers (have a riser), and I was wondering if there is a thread with instructions. Also, my reverse button shows that it's also the electric start. Does that mean that all I need is a battery to have electric start? Thank you in advance.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
stuck...
2,867 Posts
Why would you need to replace hand warmers for a riser? The reverse button is also an electric start button for them models that had it. If yours isn't wired for e start then you would need the ring gear, starter, and some wiring harness

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
One of my hand warmers doesn't work because the guy I bought it from installed a riser and cut the cords.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Boondocking Connoisseur
1,175 Posts
Replacing the handwarmers isn't too bad of a job. To make it easier on yourself, I would buy new grips, corks, and elements, as it is a pain to try to save any of that stuff. I have found that it is easy to cut the wires and splice them instead of plugging the little wire ends into the plugs on the riser area. I will briefly explain the process, I haven't done a rev but it should be roughly the same as an XP and XM.

Remove everything from your handlebars, including kill switch, throttle block, and warmer controls.

Cut wires for old handgrips.

Cut off old grips. Peel off grips, heating element and cork.

Stick on new cork.

Stick on heating element. Be conscious of where your wire is at on the handlebars, there may be a certain way they should go through the throttle block, handlebar controls, etc.

I like to put some electrical tape over the elements, especially the ends and the middle.

Grab some of the old lady's hairspray and spray it on your bars and in the grip. It will help you slide on the grips, and when it dries it acts like glue.

Force the grip on over the cork and elements, or do it the easy way: stretch end of grips over bars, take air compressor and put nozzle in the little hole on the grip, add some air and push the grip on.

Put everything back on the bars.

For your electric start question, look behind your primary clutch for a small starter motor, or a battery tray and leads by the chaincase.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Look behind the primary clutch on the front of the motor the starter should be mounted right there, also should be a small gear sticking out jusgt in front of the primary pulley.

Thumper

o

Also if you go to google and type in hand warmer installation Dootalk it will give you vidios and much reading on the installation.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts