Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
rev-limiter said:
my electric start doesn't seem to work after my sled has warmed up. It works when cold. Any ideas?
[snapback]741005[/snapback]​
Need to describe it a bit more.

Does the starter motor engage?
If not, do you hear a click when you push the button?

Just FYI. I put a brand new starter kit on my sled when I bought it used last year. 3 weeks later, the starter motor wouldn't engage. Then it did, and worked all the way up to about 3 weeks ago, and quit again.

Long story short, one of the bolts that hold the whole starter motor assembly together (long thin bolt) had snapped off, and the broken piece was flying around inside the starter, and would short it out. Picture below has the arrow pointing to the bolt that fell out. (Manufacturing defect)

View attachment 49671

Not saying yours is like this, but I would check to see if the same has happened to you.

·
ITs WINTER!
7,497 Posts
Its a lazy lockout device, designed to mkae the first morning start easy but the rest of the day a workout getting it started

Yes, we need some more info.

Starter spinning but not engaging?
Starter makes clicking noise, but not spinning?
Power to starter but nothing happens?
No power to starter when this happens?
Ect...

·
Registered
46 Posts
rev-limiter said:
my electric start doesn't seem to work after my sled has warmed up. It works when cold. Any ideas?
I Had the same problem last year. Then I replaced my head with a Cudney head, problem went away because his head cools much better and dosen't hold the heat. I believe the water temp. gets high enough when it's been running awhile and then shut off the temp. probe in the head says it too hot to start again until it cools off. Maybe replace the probe, My 2$ worth

·
Just doo it.
690 Posts
ArcticBee-Alaska said:
rev-limiter said:
I Had the same problem last year. Then I replaced my head with a Cudney head, problem went away because his head cools much better and dosen't hold the heat. I believe the water temp. gets high enough when it's been running awhile and then shut off the temp. probe in the head says it too hot to start again until it cools off. Maybe replace the probe, My 2$ worth

[snapback]742416[/snapback]​
Would it be so hard to keep the same font as everyone else?

·
Registered
880 Posts
|Renegade17| said:
ArcticBee-Alaska said:
rev-limiter said:

[snapback]742416[/snapback]​
Would it be so hard to keep the same font as everyone else?
[snapback]742449[/snapback]​
thats why this board is fun. People are trying to answer questions and the minute one person does something wrong even if he is answering the question.....we jump all over him like a pack of rabid dogs. Good Stuff!!!

·
The 02 REVOLUTION
3,892 Posts
Check your battery cables at the battery for corrosion or loose connection.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I would check the charging fuse #26, I was thinking that the fuse might be bad not allowing the battery to charge, the battery might have just enough juice to start it when it is cold, then you have used up what little juice it had left in it from sitting and "rejuvinating". You ride around without charging the battery and try to start the sled and not enough power to activate the relay until you let it sit for extended periods............
If you have a multi meter then you could find the problem in under 5 minutes, Good luck and let us know!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Posts
could be just a neglected battery. most of them are junk to start with. unhook it and charge it. see if it acts the same way. if you are getting the voltage from the charging system while it is running, maybe the battery isn't taking the charge.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts