Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We finished up the install of my electric start on my 2018 Summit SP last night. Everything connected and installed per the directions. Pushed the button and nothing! Found out the battery was dead so we installed the battery out of a buddy's 850 and still nothing. So, I pulled the rope and it fired right up but no gauge or headlights. Checked the fuses in fusebox and the 25A GAGE/H.GRIP/LIGHT fuse was blown. I replaced this fuse thinking maybe I arced a wire sometime during the process. Started the motor and the fuse blew instantly again! I know something has to be crossed or messed up somewhere but does anybody have advice on where to look.

On another note I started poking wires and checking continuity. The power cable from the starter solenoid to the starter has continuity with the chassis. How can this be possible? Checked the cable on my buddy's 850 and it's the same way.

I'm very confused any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No I did not. The 30A was installed per the instructions. The other 3 are installed by the factory. I agree it doesn't look like a fuse block but that is what ski doo calls it. The one missing is the 25A that keeps blowing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I found the issue last night. I pinched the tail/brake light wires. Problem solved it works like a charm now!
939851d7515c1732e0568390a23cce21.jpg

·
Grand PuPa!
678 Posts
I found the issue last night. I pinched the tail/brake light wires. Problem solved it works like a charm now!
939851d7515c1732e0568390a23cce21.jpg

There are reasons for da fuses!!

Glad you found the problem!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts