Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any issues with the tether cord or kill switch causing spontaneous spark problems? Especially if you broke a tab off your kill switch and can rotate the red knob right around? I broke it a few weeks before I started to have problems with it though. Starts up when its cold and when I have time to look at it. Stops sparking after I shut it off out in the trails. My buddy has the same sled I can use to swap parts to find the problem but it always sparks and runs when I have a chance. Its an 05 440. Can I just take out the kill switch? I dont need it anyways figure id start there. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
126 Posts
If you say ur kill is already messed up i would say that would be a good starting point. If not just line going down the line its nice having a buddy with the same sled.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
revski said:
If you say ur kill is already messed up i would say that would be a good starting point. If not just line going down the line its nice having a buddy with the same sled.
[snapback]740645[/snapback]​
I'm hoping its and easy quick fix like the kill switch, but like I said it ran fine for a few weeks prior to acting up

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
okay the sled runs fine when its cold, I dont think its the kill switch or tether. It has lots of power I just took it for a quick ride shut if off it fired right back up, so I went for another quick ride to get everything under the hood nice and warm and it was still running great after i shut it off it wouldnt start.

stator problems???? which wires do i have to check? I have an Ohm meter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts