Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked this 73 up back in the spring and have been pocking away at it
I just wanted to see what I could do with it because it was the worst POS I think I ever tackled
The hood was stained with something that made it look a light brown in colour , I ended up sanding it from 120 grit to 2000 grit to get some yellow back.
Had to weld in a new belly pan , sand blasted most of the tunnel, new front drivers , made my own ski-doo decals , Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Gas Automotive exterior Rim
Tire Wheel Plant Product Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Lawn mower Plant Mower
Tire Wheel Vehicle Hood Automotive tire
the hole sled was a grease pit
I'm still short a few things but it's close to the end of it's new look
I call it the checkered flag edition
Here's a few pictures

Attachments

·
Keeping Skioutty on his toes...
2017 Ski doo Renegade 900...2022 Polaris Indy 137 XC 650
36,673 Posts
Looks good I like that racing checker stripe on the bottom of the hood makes it look like one of the blizzard racers in 1970...

·
Registered
163 Posts
I've built a number of seats myself. Last one I did I pieced together some random length of plywood, random old foam and some spare cold weather snowmobile vinyl. Turned out really nice. Use some T nuts in the plywood and attach through the best part of your tunnel.

Any old single muffler will probably be fine. They are out there. You can also buy new from Goose.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Muffler has to be from a 250 twin and for this project I wouldn't spend the $$$ on a new.
I hear what your saying on the seat if I had the materials I could make it happen
Yup my bad, it's a twin. Don't think goose makes those anyways. I just pulled a twin motor out with plans to drop in a 335. I have a muffler. Send me a PM about it if you're interested.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts