Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I have a 250cc single elan and it runs like brand new, does not bog, and sounds aweosme. But if it doesn’t start first pull then it doesn’t start. I have read that this is the float sticking or a problem with the needle valve. Am wondering if this will work as a replacement carb or if anyone has suggestions ? https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B09DVLWWHF?ref=ppx_pt2_mob_b_prod_image

·
Registered
155 Posts
Does the elan have a Mikuni or Tillotson in it right now?

Both can be sucessfully rebuilt. Why buy a new one? If you're going to buy a new one get a VM 30 or 32

Here's my experience with a VM 34. It's probably overkill. She runs great though just had her out!

·
Registered
155 Posts
VM 28-242 was on the elan. VM 28 needle/seat valve is probably all you need.. maybe a gasket. Pilot should be 35 and main jet 160. You shouldn't need to replace the jets unless they won't clean up.

Rebuild kit

·
Registered
155 Posts
Hey I have a 250cc single elan and it runs like brand new, does not bog, and sounds aweosme. But if it doesn’t start first pull then it doesn’t start. I have read that this is the float sticking or a problem with the needle valve. Am wondering if this will work as a replacement carb or if anyone has suggestions ? https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B09DVLWWHF?ref=ppx_pt2_mob_b_prod_image
Also curious why you think it's the carb? Have you checked for spark when it won't start? Have you tried changing the plug when it won't start? Do you have primer hooked up?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Also curious why you think it's the carb? Have you checked for spark when it won't start? Have you tried changing the plug when it won't start? Do you have primer hooked up?
I am in Canada do you think you could find that carb rebuild kit on a website where I can order it in canada? Lol I know that is asking a lot

1 - 14 of 14 Posts