Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner

EGT Guage?

537 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Misfits440 
#1 ·
Hey guys i just purchased a EGT digatron guage from a guy, I have it hooked up and know how it works, but dont know what temp i should be running at. I do understand the leaner the hotter. Whats the highest temp I can/should be running at SAFELY?

Thanks guys

#2 ·
Misfits440 said:
Hey guys i just purchased a EGT digatron guage from a guy, I have it hooked up and know how it works, but dont know what temp i should be running at. I do understand the leaner the hotter. Whats the highest temp I can/should be running at SAFELY?

Thanks guys
[snapback]728123[/snapback]​
I think aluminum melts at 1310, I melted mine at 1290 on the egt's. since probe position can effect the readings, I would run around 1000 at the start and keep an eye on the plugs to see what their telling u. then around 1150 is pretty safe with lots of power still. i like to run up around 1200 to 1250 but not alot of room if not careful. also check 1/4 throttle and 1/2 throttle temps as well as wide open and adjust needle and jetting till u get right temp all the way to wide open.

#3 ·
Misfits440 said:

Thanks guys
[snapback]728123[/snapback]​
I'm not sure if all the 440's (year) have the same temp that they melt down at but i'm pretty sure the 04 440 melts down @ 1300 deg. so i generally run 1100 deg to be safe. haven't had any problems yet! Make sure you check your temps at half throttle too! to keep an eye on your midrange temps. sometimes there's a lean spot there.

#4 ·
You don´t let someone tell you what temp your sled will melt . There are too many varyables , like probe distance from cylender...
You have to go and jet, drive and read into the spark plugs untill you have a perfect burn. Then when you find that perfect burn you can take a note of the egt reading and use it when jetting in the future..

#5 ·
Red_rev_440 said:
You don´t let someone tell you what temp your sled will melt . There are too many varyables , like probe distance from cylender...
You have to go and jet, drive and read into the spark plugs untill you have a perfect burn. Then when you find that perfect burn you can take a note of the egt reading and use it when jetting in the future..
[snapback]728423[/snapback]​
exactly

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.