Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard somewhere that with a egt gauge u can tell how rich and lean you are running, if this is true, how will you know?, doesnt the gauge just tell you the temp?

or i might of heard wrong, confused either way?
thanks!!!!

·
Registered
683 Posts
06REV440 said:
I heard somewhere that with a egt gauge u can tell how rich and lean you are running, if this is true, how will you know?, doesnt the gauge just tell you the temp?

or i might of heard wrong, confused either way?
thanks!!!!
[snapback]742302[/snapback]​
EGT sensors measure the tempurature of exhaust gases. As I understand it, Exhaust gas temperature is directly related to the air/fuel ratio (timing and quality of burn within the cylinder probably affect EGT it as well) - the leaner the ratio, the higher the temps, the richer the ratio, the lower the temps. Melting of pistons obviously occur at extreme temps. I believe the power/safe range is somewhere between 1150 and 1250 degrees F but definitely check with the experts on this. Also there is a lot of variance in temps just by where you place the sensors (distance, centering, and depth).

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys, would different jettin setups change the perfect temp range?? i cant relly explain it good, like if 1200-1275 is perfect, if i put a richer jet would that change, would the perfect temp still be 1200-1275 or would it be a bit higher??

THANKS!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts