Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys.... I did a search and found a lot of god info on the eDrive 2 but I can't find the one last piece of information I need.

I am in the process of doing the clutch maintenance on the backup sled I picked up back in April, a 2015 Adrenaline 900 ACE. It has 7600 miles on it so I figured the clutch needed some attention.

I did find the rollers were flat spotted so I figured I would order the Rebuild Kit that I think now has the new style rollers that started with the '16's. I am also going to replace the spring since it is cheap and I have it apart.

I decided I was also going to measure the bushing inside diameter on the sliding flange but I can't find anything on the spec. I can find the service limit on the TRA bushing spec (it is 40.3 mm) but I can't find anything on the eDrive 2. Any service info for the eDrive 2 seems to be impossible to come across.

My Digital Caliper is showing I am just under 40mm (~39.9 mm) so if the spec is the same as the TRA on the eTEC's then I should be ok but I'd like to be certain.

I still have 2-years of BEST left on this sled. Does anyone know if BEST covers clutch wear like the rollers, bushings or spring? I'm assuming these are considered normal wear items and not covered. There is also a $50 deductible so even if it would be covered I figured for the cost of the spring and rebuild kit I might as well just do it myself. If the bushing needs replaced too, then the warranty might be the better route.

I also picked up a barely used PB80 900 ACE Cudney Clutch kit over the summer. I figured it would be worth having given the mostly positive reviews. I have a 2016 Enduro 900 and spring ordered a 2017 Enduro 900 for my wife so I figured I would use it at some point since I have three 900's in my stable. I could just put the PB80 on this sled but it doesn't hurt to get this eDrive 2 in shape for ~$100.

Thanks in advance!

·
Keeping Skioutty on his toes...
2017 Ski doo Renegade 900...2022 Polaris Indy 137 XC 650
31,321 Posts
If you're going to change to the 2016 rollers I'm pretty sure you have to change the six arms also to get full benefit.... just going by memory without any research...

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You are correct, sir.

The 2015 has 735 ramps and the 2016 have the 749 ramps. Even with Honda East's discount they are still about $23 a piece. I may just get the old style rebuild kit for $68 and be done with it (plus a new spring).

It is just a backup sled and I also have the PB80 so I think I might go the cheaper route once I see if anyone knows the spec for the sliding flange bushing so I can make sure it is within spec.

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
my 14 is getting the 16 upgrade as they were flat. not covered by warranty
Thanks for confirming the warranty coverage. I think I'm ordering the ramps, rollers and spring from the '16 for my '15.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Sorry for hijacking , does the eDrive clutch need to be indexed to the crank like on the etecs?
I purchased the online manual for the 900 ACE and it skips completely the section for the eDrive clutch.
Also the maintenance clutch kit from Doo #415129781 doesn't come with the new style rollers, so that kit doesn't work on the 16 and up models?

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry for hijacking , does the eDrive clutch need to be indexed to the crank like on the etecs?
I purchased the online manual for the 900 ACE and it skips completely the section for the eDrive clutch.
Also the maintenance clutch kit from Doo #415129781 doesn't come with the new style rollers, so that kit doesn't work on the 16 and up models?
There is a new eDrive 2 Rebuild Kit part number for the 2016 and up eDrives. It is p/n 415130055 and comes with the new style rollers.

·
Registered
76 Posts
hey guys ....just changed new ramps and spring in my 2015 900 skandic. used the 2017 ramps and spring....check out the post in the skandic clutch forum section.

I didn't do the rollers....think that matters?

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hey guys ....just changed new ramps and spring in my 2015 900 skandic. used the 2017 ramps and spring....check out the post in the skandic clutch forum section.

I didn't do the rollers....think that matters?
If you kept the 2015 rollers, you might not get the full benefit from the new ramps plus the old rollers will likely still flat spot. The old rollers are prone to flat-spot and the redesigned rollers have been changed to slide up the new ramps.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts