Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
I just bought a used 2003 Ford Crew Cab Superduty Powerstroke diesel. Did i mention i had to take a second mortgage on my house to buy this thing.

I would like to hear some input from anyone who has installed any of the Edge performance enhancement products or any other brand! Tips on Diesels would be helpful as well, this is my first one.

Thanks in advance guys!

·
Registered
334 Posts
i have the bd egdepower programmer for my 99 super duty . it has three settings emission, towing and extreme and each setting it more horsepower but to use the extreme setting which is an extra 80 horse they recommend 4 inch exhaust and you need gadges to run the truck on that setting because if you dont you'll burn up the motor if you dont watch the egt's, cost me about 345 dollers ,

mytruckresized.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
I feel your pain on the price of agood hauler Speed. I have the edge programer like SDrev has on top of that I also put the edge with attitude, I must be careful when they are both in extreme mode.I put the 4" exhaust, airbox with k&n style filter. Kinda like having a 4x4 muscle car.

·
Registered
393 Posts
The edge juice box is ok, but personally if you have the money go with the banks 6 gun. Then purchase the predator for the code erasing capabilities and diagnostics. Then get a good 4 inch exhaust like mbrp or banks and an air intake like A.R.E. Also don't forget to get a pre-turbo exhaust temp gauge to keep an eye on things. I have a 05 F250 Crew Cab Diesel and these trucks are pretty amaizing. Hella power and torque!

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have an '03 crewcab long box with the edge and attitude monitor, it's pretty cool cause it has EGT's, RPM's, Boost, and it'll back down the power if egt goes too high, and you can just adjust on the fly. But I'm thinking about the superchips tuner 'cause it'll firm up the shifts and give it a little more pressure to take the power, whereas the edge all you have is the tow/haul button. Makes GREAT power though.
oh yeah, the tuner can clear and read codes too.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow seems like these products are worth the money you spend on them!

I have never used or had anything like this in any of my vehicles. Alot of people swear by them as far as the gains in horsepower torque and fuel economy.

So far 3 out of the 4 of you that have replied are using the Edge!

Thanks for the replies guys. I appreciate any and all advice with regards to Performance stuff as well as general information on diesels. I have two buddies with Ford Diesel educating me on the ins and outs of diesels. However any input advice on these trucks would certainly be welcomed and appreciated.

Thanks again guys!

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
I have the edge with attitude and it runs awesome in my d-max.
scary in the #5 extreme setting. I wouldnt know if my mileage is better becasue I cant keep my right foot out of it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
The edge is a good product, but doesn't have any changes to the trans. The TS performance instagator and the diablo Predator are the only ones that I know of that have any changes to help out the trans.

Speed, I will send you a PM, I can help you w/ your performance needs!
Dave

1 - 8 of 8 Posts