Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Once a tune is installed, therefore you have an increase in boost.
Are you guy's with tunes decreasing your spark plug gap down around.025 ? Or can you leave it at oem gap .032

If not has anyone experienced preignition misfire after installing a tune and not decreasing the plug gap?

Would be great to hear from Hurricane or TD or any other Tuner.

Just looking for information on what I need to do before I jump into this.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Same here- 205 stock gap and we did approx 20 tunes last season and no reports of misfire.
Curious to hear the feedback on the 205 tune. Have any guys had any issues with it?

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
13,393 Posts
Curious to hear the feedback on the 205 tune. Have any guys had any issues with it?

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
No. the only issue with the first 205 I installed was a check engine light that produced code PO299- Failure to build boost.

This was because the waste gate was opening prematurely and dumping the boost. The WG rod adjustment fixed this. I have a customer in Maine that put over 4000 miles on his 205 tune and loves it.

·
boost junkie
10,603 Posts
oem plugs are hard to gap and they open up fairly quick. best to switch to standard nickel plugs for higher boost tunes with tighter gap NGK 92222, oem plug ngk 97225

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Bringing this back to the top. Now that there are a few bigger tunes out there (20psi) have any of you had to decrease the plug gap? Has anyone confirmed the stock plug gap? I know my old turbo cat was a turd when I first bought it and it was the .035 plug gap causing it.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bringing this back to the top. Now that there are a few bigger tunes out there (20psi) have any of you had to decrease the plug gap? Has anyone confirmed the stock plug gap? I know my old turbo cat was a turd when I first bought it and it was the .035 plug gap causing it.
Stock gap is .032

·
boost junkie
10,603 Posts
the oem spark plug gap is in the part number

NGK 97225 LMAR9AI-8 Laser Iridium 8 = .032"

stock plug gap is fine for stockish boost

at 20 your near the point where misfire is likely on stock gap

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Mine were all at .030. I closed them up to .020 just to be sure, lol.
For what it's worth Louis suggest 0.25
At .020 you are a little tight. If you find it's not running smoothly or starting issues it could be your gap.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts