·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Reactions: 809 and krm

·
Supreme Snowmobiler
2,070 Posts
Did something close to mine, be very careful with placement, top of front shock is very close. It helps with the snow packing up in the skid frame to the point of the suspension not working.

·
Supreme Snowmobiler
2,070 Posts
I just drive them. It's a "snow"mobile.
Me too, but when that skid frame packs Full of snow you lose all of your rear suspension, like riding a 2x4. Have had it happen 2 times in the last 2 years. The conditions have to be just right, but when it does happen its almost unridable. In the past the tracks had a double row of nubs sticking up inside the track, now just a single row. I think the double row helped keep the inside of the track cleaned out. I have done something close to what the OP did and we will see how it works? But have to have the right conditions.

·
Registered
13,874 Posts
So not only do the 900t's get ice in the front and freeze up to where you can't steer, they also ice up in the skid and the suspension stops working? Oh great.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I've only had a problem once. I was doing about 80 kph on a bumpy trail early morning and the track completely locked up. Almost got a face full of windshield. I just backed up and a glacier spewed out the back. I was lucky that it didn't take out the cooler.

·
Supreme Snowmobiler
2,070 Posts
All you guys got this WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is not ice in the tunnel, this is snow packed inside the skid frame. Taking a big jump does nothing but hurt your back. The only cure is to take something and push all the snow out. Last time this happened I had to break off a trail stake and jam the packed snow out, took about 1/2 hour to get it all out. Does not happen often but when it does you will know it.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
All you guys got this WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is not ice in the tunnel, this is snow packed inside the skid frame. Taking a big jump does nothing but hurt your back. The only cure is to take something and push all the snow out. Last time this happened I had to break off a trail stake and jam the packed snow out, took about 1/2 hour to get it all out. Does not happen often but when it does you will know it.
EXACTLY RIGHT...

Reactions: snowshreder
1 - 20 of 139 Posts