Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where a good place to drop a trailer off to get on the East Greenbush Power Lines/Trolly Trail is? I've got about an hour to ride tomorrow and this is really close to me. Is it any good?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I answered my own question. I parked at the post office at the bottom of Huntswood (Greenwood).

The power lines apparently go from Miller Road to Route 4. Just past Miller Road there's a small gulley with a bridge that's gone. On the other side of Route 4 (by Friendly's) we couldn't figure out how to get past the guard rail. The route is about 2 miles end to end, so unless you like going back and forth (and back and forth and back and forth) it's pretty lame. If we could figure out a way to get past Friendly's there would probably be another 10 miles to go.

Regardless, we went back and forth about 3 times and it was very cool since it was only the second time we were able to get out this year. Plus, even though it was only two miles, we got to break trail through the powder which is always fun.

·
Paper Boy
651 Posts
labatt,
When you get to Miller road you need to take a left. Go down the side of the road. Then under the I90 under pass. Now cross Miller road and go up along side the I 90 Exit. You should see the trail there going up the hill. Then you'll be back on the power lines. Once your back on the power lines there is a trail to the right (small goat path) that will take you thourgh Red Oak swim club. Head down the road and up to 9 & 20. You'll come out near My Place bar. Far there you can get to the golf course. (That's a fun time watch for sand traps) If you stay straight on the power lines they will get you to Nassau lake. Good luck.

Hooligan

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's cool... is it obvious where the path continues off of Miller Road by the I90 exit? Also, is there a good path from where you cross 9&20 to the golf course? BTW, I play over at Evergreen during the warmer seasons and have to listen to everyone complain about the belt and ski marks on the greens too. I've always thought that it would be a helluva lotta fun to sled through the course but figured it would be a bit obvious if I parked my trailer there.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep.. right up the street from the power lines... if it's snowy out I can ride right to them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts