Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We would like to plan a riding trip out west sometime in november if possible. We would like to go way out west and go powder riding like seen on TV. Where is the best spot with the most early season snow? We plan on flying out and renting sleds. Wouldnt mind doing some well groomed trail riding as well, but the highlight of our trip is going to be the powder mountain riding. Ive looked around a little bit, looks like wyoming and colorado get some good early season snow. Not sure if we want to go with one of the companies that do the all inclusive snowmobile vacation, or just stay in a hotel, rent machines and plan it all on our own. What do you reccomend?

·
Registered
14,289 Posts
We would like to plan a riding trip out west sometime in november if possible. We would like to go way out west and go powder riding like seen on TV. Where is the best spot with the most early season snow? We plan on flying out and renting sleds. Wouldnt mind doing some well groomed trail riding as well, but the highlight of our trip is going to be the powder mountain riding. Ive looked around a little bit, looks like wyoming and colorado get some good early season snow. Not sure if we want to go with one of the companies that do the all inclusive snowmobile vacation, or just stay in a hotel, rent machines and plan it all on our own. What do you reccomend?
In novemeber they are usually road riding, breaking equipment in. If you have ever seen the rocks in the snowy's in the summer time.. hiked back in the gap. Rocks taller then you are ... that have to be covered.... I don't think from my experiences that there is much deep powder to ride in November. And if there were, it is bottomless... and in that bottom are rocks as big as trucks... I guess lots of peeps get out around thanksgiving or just after, but think it is really hit or miss taking an epic once a year trip at that time.

·
Registered
621 Posts
One thing i've noticed on here, mountain riders NEVER disclose the truly best places to ride. Can't blame them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts