Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
Whos all going to eagle river for the wc races this weekend? Im taking my rv up and will be staying trackside and partying with some firends, dont be shy, stop in and say hi!!! Look for my rig, not sure what spot we are in

Attachments

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
^Nice rig!

·
Registered
9,170 Posts
No need to advertise Eagle River, just watch for when the temps plummet below zero, RACE WEEKEND!
By the way, that RV looks like a very, very good time!

·
Registered
11,244 Posts
The races and everything that goes with it can be great, but don't try it ride in that area that weekend. Just too much craziness going on. Made that mistake one time.

·
Registered
5,874 Posts
i wont be there, going to go to some oval ice racing in Gleason instead on Saturday. should be a fun time, i will get to watch some atvs, some sleds, maybe some other stuff too for $5 each at the gate and less people around me.

plus the kid i just got my trailer from and traded my trx250r's to, races his trx in 4 events. otherwise i wouldnt go there either LOL

steve

·
SkiDoo Guru
19,299 Posts
watching on ditch bangers .com .waiting for my boy tim hibbert to kick azz in the outlaw class . :wink_old:

·
Registered
11,244 Posts
Still wondering what caused all the reds in turn one. Several guys just bailed off. Throttle stuck? Brake failure? Just plain wouldn't turn? Most came right back into the race so the equipment failure makes me scratch my head. Those jag-bag announcers shouldn't even be doing a jr. high b-ball game let alone a national level race. They wouldn't even give a hint or seem to try and find out. Granted, I know its not espn, but come on.

Reactions: Mike-337

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
I'll be there Bret.

I'll be in the Ski-Doo heated suite, only stepping out to watch (and smell) the action.

Bobby Donahue is not only an ex World Champ, but also sponsors Cardell Potter....I'll be in there with Bobby and a few buds.

·
Premium Member
8,429 Posts
Enjoy your weekend.

Very nice rig!!

I bet you will be enjoying some adult beverages!!!!!!

·
Registered
9,170 Posts
[quote name="krm" post="15008041" timestamp="1452887281"]watching on ditch bangers .com .waiting for my boy tim hibbert to kick azz in the outlaw class . :wink_old:[/quote
Was in 2nd, great race, then it looked like she melted down?

·
SkiDoo Guru
19,299 Posts
[quote name="krm" post="15008041" timestamp="1452887281"]watching on ditch bangers .com .waiting for my boy tim hibbert to kick azz in the outlaw class . :wink_old:[/quote
Was in 2nd, great race, then it looked like she melted down?
saw tim looking under sled ,maybe a track issue or over heated .that's a hooper motor in it .

·
Registered
109 Posts
We rode from Rhinelander to Eagle River to the races late Saturday morning and saw 6 sleds total from Rhinelander to the Race track. Never passed 1 sled in town until we got to Trackside

Last year we did the same thing and saw hundreds of sleds on the same ride.

·
Registered
9,170 Posts
We rode from Rhinelander to Eagle River to the races late Saturday morning and saw 6 sleds total from Rhinelander to the Race track. Never passed 1 sled in town until we got to Trackside

Last year we did the same thing and saw hundreds of sleds on the same ride.
How were the trails. I've seen different reports.

·
Registered
109 Posts
We rode out of Rhinelander because that's where my parents live on Boom Lake. The Rhinelander trails were poor but rideable, they haven't really groomed them.

You could notice a big difference once you got to the Sugar Camp trails, they were groomed and seemed to have a little more snow.

Three Lakes and Eagle River were about the same as Sugar Camp maybe a touch better but they all need more snow that's for sure.

Friday we rode up to Lake Tomahawk and back. Took the Bearskin and that was in decent shape but once we got on the club trails to cut over to Lake Tom different story.

All in all it was spotty from poor to fairly good. But it was worth the trip for sure.

Some buddies of mine rode up in Presque Isle and they said the trails were good up there.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts