Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,
Have 350 miles ~ 12 hours on my 06 Mach Zx. Just got it back from the dealer on Friday.... all updates done, everything looked over, new map for cold start. Was on a ride yesterday and in a goat trail section the engine light came on and it acted like it was running on one cylinder or lip mode (not sure what lip mode is like just heard people on here talk about it.) anyway, I rode about a mile and shut her down. Started it back up and never had a problem again. However, it has me wondering if the e valve cables are adjusted right. I'm heading the Canada on Wed. and don't need any problems with it. Other than the one instance it ran strong........ the back shift sucks and seems like it dogs a little at back shift. However, it hauled the mail across the lake. Hit 121 on digital dream-o-meter and the conditions weren't that great.

In closing if someone can tell me how to check and properly adjust the e-valve cables it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave

·
Registered
167 Posts
Kirch said:
Guys,
Have 350 miles ~ 12 hours on my 06 Mach Zx. Just got it back from the dealer on Friday.... all updates done, everything looked over, new map for cold start. Was on a ride yesterday and in a goat trail section the engine light came on and it acted like it was running on one cylinder or lip mode (not sure what lip mode is like just heard people on here talk about it.) anyway, I rode about a mile and shut her down. Started it back up and never had a problem again. However, it has me wondering if the e valve cables are adjusted right. I'm heading the Canada on Wed. and don't need any problems with it. Other than the one instance it ran strong........ the back shift sucks and seems like it dogs a little at back shift. However, it hauled the mail across the lake. Hit 121 on digital dream-o-meter and the conditions weren't that great.

In closing if someone can tell me how to check and properly adjust the e-valve cables it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave
[snapback]686787[/snapback]​
Dave, Do a search and you will find something. My sled did the same thing on its first run, it got hot from the oil on or in the can from the factory?? Stopped let her cool down never seen it since. I would take your sled in and have the 10 hour check done before you go on your trip. Mine there now, you may have fouled a plug initially? to describe your problem???

Did you get your screws for your cluctch? My dealer asked me about you calling him, they are pretty good guys there, hope they stay in business??? Steve

·
Registered
404 Posts
In the instructions,it states not to have cables too tight.
Should there ever be slack in cables?
What would that do?

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ZX227 had the 10hr check up done at the dealer last week. This was pretty much a shake down ride before I go to canada. Yes, pins are in and running on clicker 3. Every bulletin and update is supposed to be done on this sled. At least I gave the dealer a list of stuff to check and do. Hopefully, they did it all. This was at Seymores. What dealer are you referring too?? If you're referring to Sovie's they're a joke. I called them 3 times to have them send me the pins and the coolant update parts, every time they told me the parts here mailed out, I confirmed my address w/ them and I never got them. I WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS W/ THEM AGAIN.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Kirch said:
ZX227 had the 10hr check up done at the dealer last week. This was pretty much a shake down ride before I go to canada. Yes, pins are in and running on clicker 3. Every bulletin and update is supposed to be done on this sled. At least I gave the dealer a list of stuff to check and do. Hopefully, they did it all. This was at Seymores. What dealer are you referring too?? If you're referring to Sovie's they're a joke. I called them 3 times to have them send me the pins and the coolant update parts, every time they told me the parts here mailed out, I confirmed my address w/ them and I never got them. I WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS W/ THEM AGAIN.
[snapback]687646[/snapback]​
No...I use our dealer here in Ohio. RPM Motorsports in Crestline, Ohio. I thought you got your clutch screws from Dave at RPM? Sorry for the confusion. Steve

1 - 6 of 6 Posts