Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,I am debaiting if I should remove starter and big "edit for bad language" battery, yhis a 2006 mach z 1000 and turned it into a full time race sled and would like to know if I should remove starter and big battery for weight and if I did what would I need to do about getting small batt installed. I run big thunder nitrous with race fuel. Do I need to keep big batt.

PS I am also changing tracks and before I get one should I be going to a 136"x 1.5 for hard packed snow drags, they are a 660ft or is there a track out there. I don't want to run any studs. Thanks

Mach123

·
Registered
904 Posts
Keep the big battery. The small one won't keep up w/ the bottle heater on the Big Thunder NOS unless you shut off the grips and pull the headlight fuse. I would just leave the e-start in and doo Toms wiring upgrade.

If your going to drag it I would go w/ the 1" Hacksaw and stud the P**SS out of it. You will need the studs for hookup

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Should I go with a 136 track or stay with 121, I always pull head lamp fuse out when I race. Would the over size rollers help with dragging or not. So even if I am always racing on packed snow tracks I should have it picked to the hilt...Thanks

Mach123

·
Registered
138 Posts
i have big thunder nitrous with 128x1.7 track sled has good hook up.When i'm on the trail i rarely use the bottle heater.bottle pressure is usually between 700 to 900psi

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i have big thunder nitrous with 128x1.7 track sled has good hook up.When i'm on the trail i rarely use the bottle heater.bottle pressure is usually between 700 to 900psi
So did you need a rail extension or shifted skid back and use a big wheel kit. What type of track solid lugs or what, if you can get me pick of track that would be great. [email protected] if you can't post on here. Was track a ripsaw or what with studs or not. Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts