Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the opinions of the E motion kit?

What is the technology behind it? What does it help with?

·
Registered
169 Posts
E-Motion kit provides substantial improvement in ride quality, even over replacing stock shocks with floats, more adjustability, 8.75 lbs. unsprung weight (13 lbs. dead weight), improved floatation, less rider fatigue, maintains pivoting effect from original design.

·
Registered
169 Posts
The above is how Tom had initially explained it to me. His kit removes the torsion springs with the rear shock handling the load. The minor adjustments in the geometry helps to reduce ski (sled) lifting during acceleration. My girlfriend said she felt like she was riding on a cloud after it was installed and handled bumps/whoops better.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
i love the weight lose and how adjustable it is. big difference over stock

i wish i could get my hands on a older evolution air kit i am not sure crazy about the t motion.

toms customer service is great to. i ripped the shock out and sent pictures to tom's and missed their phone call, by the time i called them back the next day they had already shipped the new parts.

i would buy another

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do you have to run Fox Float shocks for this kit to work?

·
Registered
960 Posts
Do you have to run Fox Float shocks for this kit to work?
nope but if your not going to run better shocks u might as well leave the T motion in there. The point of it IMO is so a guy can run better shocks and chuck the crapy springs and shock system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
What does an emotion kit doo?? They break... dont waste your money!

Pick up a ezryde skid if you want something quality.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Speaking of ezride.. What happened to the timbersled skids? I hadn't on my Yamaha and loved it.. Getting rid of the torsion Springs is a good thing!

·
"The most hated man on DooTalk"
20,506 Posts
What does an emotion kit doo?? They break... dont waste your money!

Pick up a ezryde skid if you want something quality.
Now that I've got my shocks dialed I LOVE my EZ Ryde! Hoping I can put one on my 17.

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Now that I've got my shocks dialed I LOVE my EZ Ryde! Hoping I can put one on my 17.
Does that mean you ordered one?!?

Thats what ill prolly go with also. Or maybe we should get a bunch of us together and con holtz into building us some alpha x skids for the new summits. Haha!

·
Registered
960 Posts

Thats what ill prolly go with also. Or maybe we should get a bunch of us together and con holtz into building us some alpha x skids for the new summits. Haha!
lol I sure hope it doesn't break. That would be horrible for a winer. It sucks but I can't think of one part on my sled that I haven't broken over the years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
"The most hated man on DooTalk"
20,506 Posts

Not yet, but I'm going to! Shocks will be the first thing to upgrade for sure! I see EZ-Ryde is doing a snow check for free colors on the arms/rails, cool but still pretty steep on price!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts