Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
Replacing the e module right hand member on my 13 TNT I have the engine out just wondering what everyone’s thoughts are on fastening it… skidoo uses Magna-Grip locking fasteners but the tool is expensive to buy. Debating on bolting just concerned about vibration and them coming loose

·
Registered
688 Posts
Flange bolts/nuts work just fine and that's what the Doo service manual will tell you to use. They are quite expensive to buy from the dealer, but for the RH member you don't need that many.

My 13 TNT has had the S-Module, RH-Member and then the entire E-module attached with these for years without issue.

Fastenal has them, but where I live I could only get them in a bulk order. You could try a John Deere dealer. They have the same fasteners for way less than BRP charges. Also belmetric.com in the US has them for a fraction of the price, but last checked you have to spend $100 to get free shipping. So for a hand full of bolts it may end up costing the same as the dealer.

·
Registered
314 Posts
If you use bolts, get the skidoo yellow ones. I used normal ones for my s-module and the dealer wouldn't take it in on a trade.
thats one picky dealer,

you can go with 1/4-20 grade 8 or stainless steel. the 1/4 bolts fit in better, theres too much slop from the m6 doo bolts

when i did mine, i got mine from Lowes, and the only one i had an issue with was the bolt that goes under the engine mount, i had to get a #3 Robertson 1/4-20 button head screw and bolt it in through and put the nut in from the tunnel side, else the motor mount wouldn't sit flat on the e module

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bicycle tire Rim Yellow

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Tire

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Rim Automotive wheel system Gas

Yellow Motor vehicle Gas Automotive tire Engineering

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive fuel system Automotive exterior

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Gas Automotive design Engineering

·
Registered
688 Posts
thats one picky dealer,

you can go with 1/4-20 grade 8 or stainless steel. the 1/4 bolts fit in better, theres too much slop from the m6 doo bolts
Yes, 1/4 20 is a better fit. I think the rivets are 6.6mm. So M6 is a bit loose.

That said I put at least 10000km on the S-Mod with the M6's and it never moved.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Yes, 1/4 20 is a better fit. I think the rivets are 6.6mm. So M6 is a bit loose.

That said I put at least 10000km on the S-Mod with the M6's and it never moved.
I doubt it ever will, once torqued, there's enough friction to keep things in place but, tighter is always better.

At the end of the day rivets are meant to expand so if the hole is slightly larger, it's probably better. Itl allow the rivet to mushroom over more and be more secure

1 - 8 of 8 Posts