Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought my sled with a DP pipe already on it the previous owner said it had stock jetting, so I called DP and they tould me stock jets would be fine. It was 5 F below out today and out of curiousity I did a hot kill on it checked the plugs and piston wash, it was so lean it maid me sick. The pto side was leaner then the mag side so I took out the 520N's and put a 600 in the pto side and a 580 in the mag side, then did another hot kill and it looks about right. My question is has anyone else experienced this and why did DP tell me stock is fine. If I wouldn't have checked it I could have lost my motor.

·
Auto Tech
1,095 Posts
I have a DP pipe. I have other mods also so I had to jet down, but when its that cold out or you do long lake runs they say to just up a size. You went up 6-8 sizes which is alot, but if the plugs look good leave it. I usually never go by any instructions, because not every machine is the same or ran in the same environment. The best thing you can do is just test and tune the sled until its right. Thats what I always do with any mods. If it runs good and your not getting to much fuel, I would say leave it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.