Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for all the dynoport piped sleds to speak up, there seems to be a split decision regarding the HP gains on dynoport pipes. I have a 02 MXZ 700 and am running the dynoport pipe into stock can, Dynoport tells me a true 4-5 hp gain and other people tell me no difference. Sled does fell snappier on the bottom end, however not sure if I am hurting or helping my power. Also have trail porting and reeds, with the pipe, port and reeds my HP should be 135-140 should be enough to clutch hard and kick some F7 "edit for bad language".

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
mxz700xpac said:
I am looking for all the dynoport piped sleds to speak up, there seems to be a split decision regarding the HP gains on dynoport pipes. I have a 02 MXZ 700 and am running the dynoport pipe into stock can, Dynoport tells me a true 4-5 hp gain and other people tell me no difference. Sled does fell snappier on the bottom end, however not sure if I am hurting or helping my power. Also have trail porting and reeds, with the pipe, port and reeds my HP should be 135-140 should be enough to clutch hard and kick some F7 "edit for bad language".
[snapback]727151[/snapback]​

I am a huge Ski-Doo fan, but with all that stuff done, I still don't think you will beat an F7. They have alot of balls, all the F series do. I went on to www.skidoo.com and looked up the horsepower in my sled, (02 MXZ 600) and it said 125 hp. I line up with a buddy that has an F6 (118 with a D&D can) and I smoke him out of the whole but then he catch's me about the end of my mid range, pulls ahead and then it is dead even from there. His sled is stock and my sled is bored 30 over, studded, and have MBRP can to drop some pounds and get a few hp's.

As far as the pipe, I have heard from many people that unless you go with twin pipes, you don't gain anything being the fact that SOME not all stock pipes and the aftermarket pipes are the same overall diameter, but you might be able to look and them and notice a difference. If they look the same size then you aren't getting much if any at all. There is the same amount of air going through both pipes if they are the same size. Sell it and go with twin pipes and a can if you want the power.

Another thing you can do to kick some F7 hiney is to clutch and gear it. You will lose a tad bit of top end, but you sled will take off like a raped ape. Like I said I have 02 600 and many people on here told me to clutch and gear it. My stock gears are a 24 top and a 43 bottom, and I am going with a 21/44 gear and a cudney clutch. My sled should then come ALIVE.

Good luck and let me know what happens.

Ski-Doo Man Dan ==Ride Hard== (_)_)====D

·
Registered
228 Posts
I don't know what did what but my 2000 700 mxz has the following:
trail port on cylinders
trail port on crank case
head cut
v-force reeds
gutted air box
dynoport pipe/silencer
mechanical reverse stock gearing
clutching was done by my buddy so I don't know exactly what is in it.
144 1.25" long studs
It pulls hard and has done 111mph on radar.
Paul

Ski-Doo02 said:
mxz700xpac said:

I am a huge Ski-Doo fan, but with all that stuff done, I still don't think you will beat an F7. They have alot of balls, all the F series do. I went on to www.skidoo.com and looked up the horsepower in my sled, (02 MXZ 600) and it said 125 hp. I line up with a buddy that has an F6 (118 with a D&D can) and I smoke him out of the whole but then he catch's me about the end of my mid range, pulls ahead and then it is dead even from there. His sled is stock and my sled is bored 30 over, studded, and have MBRP can to drop some pounds and get a few hp's.

As far as the pipe, I have heard from many people that unless you go with twin pipes, you don't gain anything being the fact that SOME not all stock pipes and the aftermarket pipes are the same overall diameter, but you might be able to look and them and notice a difference. If they look the same size then you aren't getting much if any at all. There is the same amount of air going through both pipes if they are the same size. Sell it and go with twin pipes and a can if you want the power.

Another thing you can do to kick some F7 hiney is to clutch and gear it. You will lose a tad bit of top end, but you sled will take off like a raped ape. Like I said I have 02 600 and many people on here told me to clutch and gear it. My stock gears are a 24 top and a 43 bottom, and I am going with a 21/44 gear and a cudney clutch. My sled should then come ALIVE.

[snapback]727202[/snapback]​

·
Registered
262 Posts
i have pipe and can from dynoport on my 02 700 x and i noticed a diffrence over stock. 8 or more horse power, i doubt it but its possible. reclutched and geared down but only have 10 miles on this winter
ill keep my x over a rev thanks

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
Ski-Doo02 said:
mxz700xpac said:

[snapback]727202[/snapback]​
02 mxz 600's have just over 103-106 hp stock. 700's are a different story. DP pipes do make power, but like most performance stuff, it's not bolt on 8 hp, you have got to tune the clutching, etc. I noticed 4 hp @ the track with a DP single pipe into a stock can vs. stock pipe stock can. My 600 engine is not stock, so it's difficult to compare, but I do know that with the DP pipe it made more power at a higher rpm compared to stock pipe.

·
Registered
486 Posts
stock 700 will see 4-5 hp , ported will see 6-8 hp but peak power then the stock one falls off you will see more at 78-8200 rpm , seen a dyno test on a 600 rev 9 hp peak on a ported engine but 16 hp at 8100 , due to the stock pipe choking, i have on on a mod 700 and i go vback to a stock pipe and loose a lot.. just remember if your running a 2002 dont add a 0.020 th needle shim , get 2001 600 needles same for the 800 save your self some burn downs....

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 2000 formula deluxe 700 with the mbrp race can. Was looking into getting a dynoport pipe and was gonna re jet. Will I notice gains ?? I'm also putting in a 700 mxz spring and going to a 24th sprocket in gear box on top.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts