Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Looking for more bottom end on the 02 Mach z. I found a clutch kit from dynoport for $299 and was looking for opinions on it. I have a 25t top gear, 1 1/4 rip saw, 19.3 gram pins new oem primary spring, straight 44 helix, new oem secondary spring in b-5, clicker in 2. From dead stop and I pin it wfo it will hit 8000 then build to 8300. My 01 mxz 800 with a dynoport pipe and vf3's will out run it up badly up to 80 then the Mach will catch it and pass so I want to get the Mach to be able to have a little more snap on the bottom end. Our trails up here are tight and twisty and don't have to many areas where I can stretch the mach's long legs.

·
Registered
676 Posts
I also have a straight 47 and 50. And a 43-47, and 47-42. Will the steeper initial angle back shift and pull harder? Example, will the straight 50 back shift better than the 44?

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
286 ramps 230/350 or 230/380 primary spring, adjust your pin weight to what ever clicker you want to run in. I prefer a bigger helix but only if you can pull it on the big end.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Like andy said or you can just change pin weight or spring. The stock 200/290 spring is soft for 19 gram pins. Tuning so the clickers are between 2-4 leaves you some room for adjustment

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So I finally was able to do some tuning with this thing. I installed the pink/pink spring,the straight 50 at 21lbs and it hated it. From dead stop it would rev to 7500 and wouldn't build much more. Trails have 4" of sugar and pretty beat up. I installed the 47-42 at 21lbs and moved to clicker 3. Dead stop would rev to 8000 then would build to 8300 but again trails suck and could not see tach very long. As soon as trail conditions improve I'm going to try 25lbs. I don't want to lose pin weight and I want to stay in clicker 3. I still have the option of going back to the straight 44 if I have too.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Spinning can cause the low rpm from a stop. The shallow 44 would help but when conditions improve to hard pack you will have to much rpm. Taking the pin weight back to say 17.5 - 18 grams will also help the back shift and keep the rpm consistant.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I can hear the secondary get ripped open right off the line so I think my secondary spring needs to be tightened up. If all else fails I will take pin weight.

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
I can hear the secondary get ripped open right off the line so I think my secondary spring needs to be tightened up. If all else fails I will take pin weight.
I'm running 14 lbs on my secondary with a beige spring and straight 54, your front clutch is way ahead of your back one, take out pin weight and start backing off on secondary pressure. This is on a ported piped Mach turning 8800 rpms.

1 - 20 of 108 Posts