Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I go to my dealer today and ask for a set of DuPont sliders. He said they don't have any so I asked if he could order me a set. He said no as he cant get them. Does that sound right or did he just not care? So I said to him I guess I will just order them from the states as it will probably be cheaper in the long run and I walked out. He wouldn't look it up nothing,I was not too happy

·
Registered
709 Posts
Yamaha dealers are the only dealers that can order them, any Ski Doo dealer that is a smart business owner will have them in stock from a Yamaha dealer close to them.

Just Go to your local Yamaha Dealer and pick up a set.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So just a normal set of DuPont sliders from Yamaha will work on ski doo or is there a different part number?

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
The dupont slides are the best thing on snow since the introduction of the 1200 4tec engine!

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
The normal ones will work. HOWEVER, they are a very tight fit.. Clean your rails very good, and coat rails and slides with Wd-40 or something similar.. I installed some when in a pinch when heading out to ride in marginal conditions.. I would suggest ordering the brp ones.. But if in a pinch the standard yammi ones will go on

·
Registered
13,874 Posts
dupont slider.png I ordered mine from grip and rip and they have a diff. part # than the ones snow bomber shows... I was told they are specifically made to fit BRP sleds.. So which are the correct ones?

Attachments

·
Registered
13,874 Posts
hyfax profile.png Here is a profile comparison.. Top is DuPont, bottom is old hyfax off my 09' e-tec

Attachments

·
Registered
719 Posts
My understanding is - Grip & rip ones are Yamaha ones that they machine bigger to fit BRP sleds. Hence- they have a Yamaha part #.

Or, you can order the ones Yamaha sells specifically for BPR - Part# SMA-DPSSR-BP

·
Registered
719 Posts
attachicon.gif
dupont slider.pngI ordered mine from grip and rip and they have a diff. part # than the ones snow bomber shows... I was told they are specifically made to fit BRP sleds.. So which are the correct ones?
This the Part # for YAMAHA sleds. Which will fit, but it's tight. However - if you got them from GRIP & RIP, they're modified to fit Ski-doo.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts