Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need a new set of carbides as I bent mine last season pretty bad. Part Number 505073394. Cant find them on any site. Always says not available. WTF?? Anybody have a seller for me? Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
9,641 Posts
Do they have to buy OEM? Why not buy an aftermarket pair? I’ve had good luck with 6” Shapers and standard 6” Woody’s round bar.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I just bought a set of 4” from Bergstrom Skegs in Rockford IL for my summit DS3 skis. Awesome product and customer service

·
Registered
430 Posts
I actually just bend up a piece of hardened steel rod for a wear bar. I rarely ride marginal snow conditions and don't have much need for the carbide. I took them off my grippers that had about 2000 miles on them and the steel wore, but not the carbide. There was a very abrupt, sharp edge that stuck out about ¼". I didnt really want that to catch a rock so just went with solid rod without carbide.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Slednuck
1,982 Posts
Woodys hard weld bars, they won't cut and scratch up everything in your garage and truck or hook on rocks as bad. About twice as much as mild steel runners but last 4 times longer and still about half the price of carbides. They're better in every way unless you actually ride a lot of ice which we don't do out west in the mountains.

Reactions: 800tech
1 - 8 of 8 Posts