Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I couldn't take sitting around on my day off so off I went. I headed up to some cottage roads and forest access roads I know of near Bracebridge. I go back to work tomorrow for 6 days.

There is a ton of snow up in the areas that are getting the snow squals. These cottage roads were deep and untracked. I had so much snow coming over the windshield I had to stop just to clear the snow off me. I should have worn my DS helmet and goggles. It was just too hot wearing a full face with all the work in the powder.

Firstrip224_zpse1a16114.jpg

Firstrip226_zps8595f8d8.jpg

Firstrip223_zpse21daba6.jpg

The OFSC trial crosses some of these roads and the groomer had been out. On my drive home I also saw the groomers out in various locations. I'm sure things will open up on the weekend.

RR

·
Registered
400 Posts
just awesome!

Thanks for the pic!

I am :)

·
1200 Trail King
2,187 Posts
Nice pictures

Sent from home using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Cool sled and cool gas can setup...is that a skidoo gas can setup? I don't think they will open by this weekend though........they still need more time to prep and ensure things are good and frozen.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Over a foot of snow on the ground in honey harbour. But no ice on the lake yet (maybe in th harbour). Water temp off my dock is .5C so when this wind dies tomorrow morning I suspect it'll freeze at least up cognashene.

Ben

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The gas cans are Rotopax. I used the mount from a Side x side.

·
Registered
206 Posts
OFSC Trail Map shows a section of C103 just south of Parry Sound as "Limited" ......................................... Let the Sledding begin !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Cool sled and cool gas can setup...is that a skidoo gas can setup? I don't think they will open by this weekend though........they still need more time to prep and ensure things are good and frozen.
that's a gas can? I thought it was an portable defilbulator? If I was into that much powder this early I may need one! Gas can is good idea too though!

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The powder does eat the gas up quite fast and there is really now where to get gas back in this area at this time. The 550 f eats gas fast on the best of days.

RR

1 - 20 of 25 Posts